• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

kicking

M

mark_shaw

not sure if any1 picked up on it, but i saw in a few of the other posts that sum forum members thort about using the right analog stick to control kicks.

i read this from sum preview on rugby and it sed this "EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 plays realistically with on-the-fly play-calling, right analog stick controls for fakes and crushing hits and improved kicking control"

Well it better be good, cause rugby 2004's general kicking was the biggest joke i have ever come across. I mean u hold down the direction and the arrow swings around 360* and you somehow kick it directly behind you - was so hard to aim it wasn't funny. To go with improved kicking there better be improved ball physics because this was also a joke in 2004... makes you wonder how the same team could possibly give us a good game.
<

i found that general game play and in game kicking were better in 2001 then 2004, smoother, more controlable and more simple.
because ea have promice a 'pick up and play' game, i dont think any part of it will require much skill.

The kicking control in WCR was by far the best yet in a union game... easiest to aim and smoothest

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Jan 15 2005, 12:32 AM
how do u control in play kicks in wcr? umo say
<

Similar to JLR, if you played it?

You hold down the kicking button and kicking arrow thingy comes up and retracts back and forth until you want to let it go - and is also very easy to control

yeh man played jonah, wud it be easy to use that took with 2004's 'classic' camera on?

Dont think you can beat lomu's kicking, in fact if anything it was too easy / accurate. The actual kicking control was superb, but there didnt seem to be any variation in players kicking.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 15 2005, 05:45 AM
Dont think you can beat lomu's kicking, in fact if anything it was too easy / accurate. The actual kicking control was superb, but there didnt seem to be any variation in players kicking.
I don't know about that. If I was ever desperate for a good clearance kick, I made sure as hell my flyhalf was out of any ruck so I could get it to them.

It was really satisfying when you hoofed the hell out of the ball with the meter at its peak. But some backs couldn't kick at all, and the majority of the forwards, with that short, fat meter, thumping it up about 10 meters and you're left shaking your head. Why god, oh why? -- I loved that cause it was such a horrible feeling.

Loved the way the ball bounced in JLR after a kick as well.

Your right actually the forwards couldnt kick as far, my mistake. The bounce of the ball was superb and probably the best witnessed in a Rugby game.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 15 2005, 05:57 AM
Your right actually the forwards couldnt kick as far, my mistake. The bounce of the ball was superb and probably the best witnessed in a Rugby game.
SJRL had the best bounce of the ball.........

Latest posts