• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kicking

P

PeeJay

I really like the kicking system in this game, especially the concept of the accuracy zone. However, I don't like the way you can only choose how far out from the goal line you want to take the kick from on Pro level and above. Furthermore, has everyone else found that the swing meter gets much faster when you get onto Pro level? It makes kicking almost impossible for me, even with Stephen Jones or Gavin Henson taking the kick.

Sort It Out EA!

Sorry, but if you can't kick with Jones on pro, you must really suck.

Play some Tiger Woods games and get in the practice.

Mike Hercus is proper **** at kicking on Pro too. His accuracy zone gets smaller, and the swing meter is so fast I end up overpowering it and sending the kick miles to the right of the posts.

I have mixed problems with kicking, not often just on occasions.

-Sometimes the accuracy is so large I get impatient and click early
-Sometimes it becomes mega slow and makes kick easy, something to do with memory usage I presume.

-Sometimes if you sub off a player at put the 12 at ten who kicks, the 12/10 loses the ability to kick on the accuracy zone becomes nothing, but still for the moment nails the kick, eg ospreys, M.Jones get injured , swap with bishop and then put henson at 10.

-Also I hate how any kicker that isn't 75 or above just can't kick, but still hits the straight even if the meter is buggared. EA should make zones bigger but possibilites of missing infront of posts to reflect life/carlos spencer.

BM

Originally posted by PeeJay@Apr 18 2006, 10:54 PM
Mike Hercus is proper **** at kicking on Pro too. His accuracy zone gets smaller, and the swing meter is so fast I end up overpowering it and sending the kick miles to the right of the posts.
thats cause mike hercus isnt exactly the best, hate to say it about one of my countrymen.. ill be takin his place at goal kicking for the US in a few years :lol:

yea but the kicking meter can be hard at times on elite, never played pro so i dont really know. I havent really encountered any trouble with the kicking metre in the game and i use myself on the usa and leinster for kicking and i have 80 kicking and my kicking ratio for the season was 92%.. just time it better, and dont try a full powerd kick from 25-15m out or if you miss slightly on the accuracy bar, you'll miss the kick..

personally i hate the kicking system i just find it clumsy and useless and the fact that its basically impossible for a not so good kicker to get any kick, with an angle or not.

I still think EA should just have a ESPN NFL kicking system that depends on wind and the kickers ability rather than just stopping a frigging line inside a line to hit the ball properly. That way we would only do the power and it woul be more like a real kicker.

Latest posts