• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

King Henry: returning to the throne?

R

Riot

King henry is being interviewed tomorrow. Im thinking bout making a sign, and sitting outside to show my support, hope he gets the job again, last few weeks alot of people have come out and givien him their support,

His record speaks for itself, its incredible, the people like him, the players like him, which is unprecidented to other all black coaches, who ahve literally been hunted down, and harrassed, publically brannded as losers, lol. *cough*deans,mitch,smith,hart*cough*

I wonder if Australia will hold out to see whether Deans gets the Blacks job and if not offer him a spot... I hope not!

He did a good job with Wales and likewise with New Zealand. Obviously the world cup is what they were aiming for over his period as coach but he still did help the team win 3 consecutive tri nations ***les and destroy the Lions 3-0. He has to get rid of this stupid rotation policy though.

henry is a great coach. His job with the all blacks is exceptional in 4 years but he lose the world cup. but i think he must stay

henry is a great coach. His job with the all blacks is exceptional in 4 years but he lose the world cup. but i think he must stay [/b]

Well New-Zealand have many good coaches, Graham Henry has made a wonderful job and should be thanked for that. My feeling is that anyway with such results his legacy cannot be ignored and that whoever has the job he will capitalize on this. Of course it should be easier for Graham himself but sometime injecting new bllod can work too.

One intangible advantage Ted has over the rest is that the ABs are familiar with him and he can use what he hjas already built to further improve the ABs.

<div class='quotemain'> henry is a great coach. His job with the all blacks is exceptional in 4 years but he lose the world cup. but i think he must stay [/b]

Well New-Zealand have many good coaches, Graham Henry has made a wonderful job and should be thanked for that. My feeling is that anyway with such results his legacy cannot be ignored and that whoever has the job he will capitalize on this. Of course it should be easier for Graham himself but sometime injecting new bllod can work too.
[/b][/quote]

Not for us, we have sacked all our previous coaching failures after each world cup. I think it's time we stuck with some one, at least this time he'll know what to expect and therefore a lesser chance of screwing up.

I agree. Seriously. Graham Henry has been one of the most successful coaches for the All Blacks. Fair enough he hasn't won a World Cup but look at the changes he's put in and the way he's honed the team. Fair enough he did control a bit too much and is as much fun as teh_mite at an Australian amateur boxing convention but in my opinion he is the man for the next four years.

Look at England and when they crashed out in 1999. They could have dumped Sir Clive there and then. But they stuck with him and four years later he was on top of the world.

Who knows? Henry could well be King in 2011. But he can only be that if the NZRFU stay the course and stick with him.

Only two seasons? Ouch....that is far from a vote of confidence and in a way, I'm disappointed in the NZRU. They really should have backed Henry for the full four years. What if he loses one or two matches close towards his contract being up for renewal in 2009 and the NZRU lose their bottle and try to look for someone else? I'm not convinced.

It's not really a big deal, that's how the NZRFU roll. John Hart, Wayne Smith and John Mitchell both only got 2 year deals when hired, Henry originally only got a 2 year deal when he was first appointed before getting it extended after we smashed the French in 2004 - and he still got that extension despite losing to both the Springboks and the Aussies that year - as long as he retains the BC and Tri Nations he will not have to worry about job security. If Deans had got the job, the chances are he would've only got a 2 year deal as well.

The fact he got the job should be a vote in confidence in it self. Wyllie, Mains, Hart, Smith and Mitchell were all given the same sort of treatment losing Japanese Generals got during the 2nd World War.

Yes exactly ripper if Deans had got appointed the top job he to would have got a 2 year contract this is how NZ do it...

About time the NZRU grew up, this could very much break the vicious cycle of the AB's since 87, relieving much of the pressure on the '11 AB's. Good news for the ABs indeed.

I'm glad they reappointed Graham Henry asthe AB coach because I didn't like the idea of having a crusader all black team under Robbie Deans.

Seems logical, i dont know what the reaction to his re-appointment has been like in New Zealand but i remember John Mitchell was sacked straight away after their semi defeat in 03. That was despite winning the tri nations at a canter earlier in the year. I think the NZRU have finally realised that constantly changing coached doesnt always work, the AB's need stability during this rocky time and i couldnt agree more with the choice. :bravo:

Bravo New Zealand and the NZRFU.

Maturity and common sense prevail. Very tough for Robbie, I feel gutted for him and hope he is not too disillusioned to try again in the future.

GH may not have won the WC but he is a great ambassador for promoting the kind of rugby I love watching.

I watched the press conference and I have to say he is a true professional. I just wish half of our politicians were half as savvy as him.

Rule wisely King Henry!!! Bring on next year !!

I wonder if Australia will hold out to see whether Deans gets the Blacks job and if not offer him a spot... I hope not! [/b]

Wait, are you hoping that Australia does or doesn't hire Deans? I can't see any reason why an Australian wouldn't want him as coach. His only downside to is that he has a habit of leaning towards Cantabrians who know how he coaches and system he runs, but that wouldn't be a problem for Australia. He's still a fantastic coach and despite what anyone says it will be big loss for NZ rugby when he leaves. Hope he comes back for the 2015 WC.

Seems logical, i dont know what the reaction to his re-appointment has been like in New Zealand but i remember John Mitchell was sacked straight away after their semi defeat in 03. That was despite winning the tri nations at a canter earlier in the year. I think the NZRU have finally realised that constantly changing coached doesnt always work, the AB's need stability during this rocky time and i couldnt agree more with the choice. :bravo:
[/b]

Mitchell may have broken the record for the most hated coach ever to coach an All Black side

Henry's mistake was hiring Gilbert Enoka.

I don't think Henry will make that sort of mistake again.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Mitchell may have broken the record for the most hated coach ever to coach an All Black side
[/b][/quote]

Yep John "whos the boss?" Mitchell and Robbie " call me adolf" deans lefta sour taste in peoples mouths, with their very bad handling of players and fans, their arogant behaviour, and total control of everything, once thought as a saviour, once people learned about how they treated players there was an outcry.

Robbie the Nazi can f*** off as far as im concerned, he can stop his crying, if he goes to aussie he will never coach the all blacks again EVER, the aussies would for bid it.

Deans would be booed, rounded up and thrown out of jade stadium, hed have to live with Coutts and Butterworth

((FYI Russel Coutts and Brad Butterworth were NZ sailers who jumped ship to sail for another country rather then NZ, they bad mouthed the team and the country and have the distinct honour of ebing NZ most hated sports people :) ))

Latest posts