• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kiwi Release

Sweet got the game this morning! What a fricken awesome game! I'm loving it. Problem is I've only had 5 games. Three warm up games, then started a Super 14 on Elite, 10 min games.

Chose to be the blues (obviously). Beat the Hurricanes 48 - 12 in my first match (Elite). Now I am playing Highlanders in my second game and I'm leading them 13 - 0 after 31:57mins :blink:

Elite seems kinda easy. Ok the AI is pretty awesome, but I shouldn't be carving up this much after less than a days play!!! Maybe I am just Jesus, sent back to Earth to conquer all games. Err... then again maybe not.

Originally posted by kaftka@Feb 23 2006, 06:31 PM
You all suck arse and I'm putting a temporary ban on all of your accounts.
I take it you haven't got yourself the game yet... :p

Originally posted by kaftka@Feb 23 2006, 07:44 PM
No. I don't. Because I'm stuck in a town trapped in the 1970's.
The ironic thing is that to buy the game you'll have to go to a town stuck in the 1950's.

Everything's sweet but I can't figure out how to check how long a player is out injured in the Super 14 mode. I thought you could, or is this only available in World League.

I don't have any injuries in my s14 team yet. But one thing I have to mention is that if you have the sound turned up, you can actually hear the players' footsteps as they run across the turf. In fact, it's so loud that you would swear they were running with sprigs on concrete! But overall what a fantastic game. For me, this is better sports sim than pro evo 5. Big call, I know, but I'm a keen rugby fan and it's great to see such a good replica of a game of Rugby on our consoles and PC. Awesome. Now we've gotta hope EA doesn't ease up on the improvements!

Originally posted by bluesfan@Feb 23 2006, 07:33 PM
I don't have any injuries in my s14 team yet. But one thing I have to mention is that if you have the sound turned up, you can actually hear the players' footsteps as they run across the turf. In fact, it's so loud that you would swear they were running with sprigs on concrete!
thats why i turn field sounds down in sound options...

ive actually got all sound levels at half way and crowd at full

its awsome sound like that! great atmosphere!

yeh good tip man, I dont really like the sounds of the action anyway, I like it to be more of a broadcast, like TV.

You guys are soo lucky

Us 3rd World countries only get the game 6 March.

Cant believe EA South Africa screwed up soo bad

ANyway enjoy the game guys , we might have it before xmas if we are lucky

Cheers

i got the game today.

too much in a tired and shitty mood to play it though :wacko:

bet thats ******* a few of you's off ehy

Originally posted by sambad5@Feb 23 2006, 08:09 PM
i got the game today.

too much in a tired and shitty mood to play it though :wacko:

bet thats ******* a few of you's off ehy
Just play it, you will feel heaps better when u do :D

i got it!!!!!!

for 8 dollars too....

so far so good.....wooooo wasted my bro and his canes with the blues 45-7

mcalistair is the man in this game

good bye for now!....

and yes im having tonz o'fun

Excellent game in multiplayer mode!

Some fantastic tries we have scored. Length of the feild tries too. Magnificent!

The sound has been done amazingly well to recreate real life. When you make a break and have your opponents on the rope the volume and the pitch of the crowd roaring are so authentic.

The superman tackle has been fied up! The amount of dive tackles me and my brother have done and missed when in R2005 it would have tackled is great!

Th big hit tackle is awesome lol! If you miss then you are standing there looking like an idiot (big it versus grubber is very bad to do). The best big hit animation is when you are drifting out staying with your man cos there is an overlap then leave your guy, turn around and big hit the guy with the ball!

Grubbers are finally fixed up nicely and its good how you can change your choice of direction midway through a grubber

Cross feild kick to the winger is great!!!!

Fend works well....and the barge. Step works well too. I even did a double step though I am not sure if this was a fluke or a glitch. One on one with the fullback and I stepped too early but before ending the step animation I panicked and pushed the step again which seemed to make him step again and beat the fullback??????

The running onto the ball with the flyhalf is great, especially conterattack down the blind side!

Can you do pop passes to guys running on to the ball? Not sure if I read this in another thread.

Looks like the EA rugby franchise will dominate with every installment if this is anything to go by.

Yes I must admit that the days of JLR may be over............

Latest posts