• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Knights v Broncos

W

woosaah

Knights after a hard fought but spirited win against the sea eagles last week come up against a broncos team that would be hurting after being out played in so many ways against the dragons. should be a good one, but if joey is playing well, and berderus isnt suspended for a spear tackle should be great to watch..
anyone heard about that spear tackle yet?

knights by 4

yeah i know i always say it should be a good one,but i dont care, i have only just noticed me doing it, i wont do it again :)

Buderus may be upended by slap plea
12 September 2006
By BRAD WALTER, JACQUELIN MAGNAY and ANDREW STEVENSON
Sydney Morning Herald

Newcastle hooker Danny Buderus has expressed severe regrets about not contesting a high-tackle charge last month that now threatens to end the NSW Origin captain's season after he became the first player charged with a grade-three dangerous throw.

Buderus, who had a previously unblemished judiciary record in his 10-season NRL career before pleading guilty to the grade-one careless high shot, faces a six-match ban for Friday night's spear tackle on Manly winger Michael Robertson.

Knights officials declined to confirm whether they would contest the charge but Buderus is expected to seek a downgrading at tomorrow night's judiciary hearing in a bid to be able to play again this season if Newcastle beat Brisbane at Aussie Stadium on Saturday night.

To do so, Buderus will need to have the charge reduced to a grade-one offence because a grade-two guilty finding would rule him out for three matches, including the grand final if Newcastle made it.

"I really wish I had fought that Matt Bowen slap. I know I would have got off because it was nothing, and the only reason I didn't fight it was because I couldn't be bothered with the two-hour trip to Sydney," Buderus told the Herald. "It was silly in hindsight."

It is understood the Knights believed it was extremely unlikely Buderus would face further judiciary trouble so soon given his record - or that such a minor offence would have any future impact.

But had he successfully challenged the high-tackle charge, for which he could not be suspended, Buderus would have faced far less significant penalties as he would have been entitled to a 25 per cent discount for his clean record as well as a 25 per cent reduction for an early guilty plea.

A grade-one dangerous-throw charge is worth 125 demerit points and the penalty increases by 200 demerit points for each higher grading - 100 points equates to a one-match ban. Buderus would have been facing a two-match ban at the most, as an early guilty plea coupled with an unblemished record would have halved the 525-point base penalty for the grade-three charge issued yesterday.

A grade-two charge would cost him just one match and he would be free to play against the Broncos on Saturday night if the tackle was downgraded to grade one.

In addition to losing his 25 per cent discount for an unblemished record, however, Buderus also has 37 carry-over points from the round-24 tackle on North Queensland's Matthew Bowen and a loading of 20 per cent for a prior non-similar offence in the past 12 months added to the base penalty.

As a result, Buderus will now receive a penalty of 509 demerit points if he pleads guilty, while an unsuccessful challenge at the judiciary is worth 667 points.

The severity of the penalty gives Buderus little option other than to try to have the charge reduced, but the match review committee viewed tackles deemed to be grade-two offences by Bulldogs centre Willie Tonga and St George Illawarra's Matt Cooper and deemed the one by the 28-year-old international to be worse.

The committee also viewed the grade-four offence that cost Melbourne's Michael Crocker a nine-match suspension earlier this year.

Counting against Buderus is believed to be the fact that Robertson bumped him off with his hip before the Test hooker came at the Sea Eagles winger again and lifted him. The manner in which Robertson landed on his neck was also taken into account and any contribution by him to the way the tackle unfolded was ruled out.

Filling in for Buderus is expected to be Luke Quigley, who joined the Knights as a 17-year-old just out of school and has accrued just 40 first grade appearances in the seven seasons since - most of them off the bench as a fill-in back-rower.

This year he got a single start - filling in for Buderus against Manly in round 17, only to dislocate his elbow.

"This is what you play footy all year for - to get an opportunity in games like this," he said. "It's tragic circumstances for Bedsey but you've just got to try and make the best of a bad situation."

Quigley has had other injury dramas. First, he damaged a cruciate ligament and then, while injured, he was punched in the head outside a Newcastle hotel, ending up with a broken jaw and a fine from the club.

All that will be forgotten in an instant if Quigley gets the call he's hoping for.

"We'll see how the week unfolds, how everyone comes through and what happens with Danny," he said, trying hard to sound low-key.

[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3794733a1823,00.html

that answers my question about bedarus

I HATE BRISBANE

So i want them to lose :)

PLUS i'm more confident facing the Knights then the dumb f*** Broncos side. They always injure the Doggies =(

This is the 1st and last time i'll be cheering the Knights on!!!

Why do you hate Brisbane? They feed Qld its origin stars, and you're a Maroon aren't you?

Why do you hate Brisbane? They feed Qld its origin stars, and you're a Maroon aren't you?
[/b]
Yeah but I just hate Tonie Carroll, Brad Throne, not so much Khunt. Oh and I hate Wayne Bennett too.

I get agro when they always injure our players. Whenever they play us. Injuries occur. :cryy:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not a big follower in league, but 50 - 0 till the Broncos. **** YEAH!

Heres hoping for a Broncos v Storm final.

Buderus - most overrated player on the planet.
[/b]

Ummmmm Dan, you do know Buderus didn't play tonight right?
Personally I think Buderus is a brilliant player. He's absolutely everywhere when things look tough, also him and Johns link up so well and create so many chances.

In any case, no matter how overrated you think he is, no one can be more overrated than Brett Kimmorley :p .

I thought it was officially Braith Anasta?

My "overrated alert" goes doolally every time I hear Buderus' name. Regardless of whether he was playing or not.

I thought it was officially Braith Anasta?

My "overrated alert" goes doolally every time I hear Buderus' name. Regardless of whether he was playing or not.
[/b]

I don't know mate he's been pretty bloody good most of this year... Surely the over-rated tag has a more deserving place, like on Brett Finch's forehead.

Not a chance ;) . Finch has consistently been painful to watch and still managed to keep his position, Joey has the odd bad game, and even then he still outplays the other half most of the time.

This time last year, he was going to win Warrington the Super League single handedly. :mellow:

This time last year, he was going to win Warrington the Super League single handedly. :mellow:
[/b]

And he would have too if Warrington didn't purposely go out there and miss all those tackles :p .

Braith is the most over rated player on the planet...

Anywhoo..f*** brisbane :( .. i'm not confident with them!!!!!!!!

You'll be admitting Johns is overrated next....
[/b]

how can someone bigger than the game be overrated in the confines of the game. simply not possible a johns is biiger than the game

Johns in overrated..well..not his playing ability..just the way everyone in the media goes on about him..its like there are no other players in the game.

congrats to the broncos. they have come into some good form last few weeks and are starting to look like premiership contenders

Braith is the most over rated player on the planet...

Anywhoo..f*** brisbane :( .. i'm not confident with them!!!!!!!!
[/b]

Fair call... The guy played as if he were in lock pretty much the whole year! Some bloody play maker!

broncos were awesome last night... they didnt even play THAT good. they had a hell of alot more points in them... if they let loose on the dogs you better watch out...

It'll be interesting to see how the Dogs play this game... they've both got killer forwards, and both have really dangerous strike players. The difference is that the Dogs don't really have a dominant half in my opinion... Sherwin's a good half, but he's nothing compared to Lockyer.

Latest posts