• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

La Marseillaise vs The Haka

Top marks.
That was great - that's what rugby's all about.
But outside a Greggs in cardiff of all places? Talk about scatty!

Now that was class. Can you ever imagine that happening during the football world cup? They'd be too busy kicking each others heads in.

I think the Le Marseillaise just about won. HOW IRNOIC!.

That is something special. Something all fans can take away with them. Awesome, simply awesome.

In the media i see them moaning at why they never did the new haka toward the French instead opting to give them the old kamate style...Christ next time i suppose there gonna ask us would you like fries with that as well..LOL

Well bro we did get French fried good and proper lol. Kapa o Pango should only be done at home games because of the content in the words while Ka Mate can be done anywhere in the world.

Well bro we did get French fried good and proper lol. Kapa o Pango should only be done at home games because of the content in the words while Ka Mate can be done anywhere in the world.
[/b]

Beaten yes i agree, BUT being French fried is debatable.

The big question i ask was... Did the All Blacks be naive in saving the Kapa o Pango for the final?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Beaten yes i agree, BUT being French fried is debatable.

The big question i ask was... Did the All Blacks be naive in saving the Kapa o Pango for the final? [/b][/quote]

Yeah I reckon they were saving it because they had the whole of Nz thinking the same to too. I wonder why they did it against Scotland thou? hmmm

What an amazing video, I hope I could see that in the same street with football fans in my country...

f*** barra bravas...

what a great video. it's strange how rugby supporters tolerate each other contrary to football fans.

I don't know if I can really isolate this to Rugby, but all Rugby players seem awfully emotional about their anthems. Mine for example make many argentinians cry. The video was good, it may me giggle though. I think that the Marseillaise and the Haka are completly different things, one is a national anthem and the other AFAIK is a warrior chant, so the Haka is more fitting if you think that Rugby is the stuff of warriors, but "La Marseillaise" is better if you think it's about national pride, both are powerful songs.

From Buck shelfords book

It is the most powerful and overwhelming feeling that take's over your whole body when doing the haka in front of your nation with all camera's beaming at you from all 4 corners of the world, the emotion and passion you feel from it is the spirits of those who once proudly wore that black jersey before you that raise up through the ground and capture you. You sort of get a that blank tinglie feeling through your body. For me this happens every time i play at home. It is passion that no one but you understands

It was the most beautiful moment of emotion of the World Cup. The french have returned to the challenge well before the start of the game. Everything goes through the eyes and they showed that the All Blacks could fail.

Everything goes through the eyes and they showed that the All Blacks could fail.
[/b]

All Blacks won the stats in monstering the French scrum winning all the line outs, back line breaks, and ball hit ups now the only thing they were guilty of was losing on the score board. Now to say they failed is debatable..

Now to say they failed is debatable..
[/b]

It's really not.

What you're suggesting is the equivilent of walking into an exam having revised brilliantly, writing 3 pages more than everyone else and finishing an hour before the rest of the room; only to realise that you've answered the wrong question.

You could argue until the cows come home about how brilliant your answer was, but the fact that it doesn't tie in with the question put to you still means you would fail.

Latest posts