• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Language on the forum.

It's an interesting issue. I think it comes down to just members being conscious that there are people who will be sensitive about language. I don't mind the odd "Ahhh ****, Kaplan costs us the game, again" when on the forum during a rugby match, but I think everyone will agree that "F*cking saffa iz sh*t" has a very different feelling to it. I don't think using bad langauge can be too punishable, unless it is used derogatively or insultingly, but perhaps if staff feel that it is in the excess or inappropriate, than a friendly warning can be given.

I find that the biggest issue is where what could be termed 'offensive language' is used towards other members. I know people can get annoyed by trolling are just 'passionate disagreements' but sometimes they just need to take a step back and calm down before posting.

I remember one time during the Lions tour when I became particularly pissy (is 'pissy' ok?) and since then I've tried to calm down alot.

What I find absolutely ok is post match commentary when people are just annoyed at particular players, officials, management etc, so long as its not particularly offensive or obscene.

While where on this issue, I do think that Mod's are VERY SCARY, especially with the TRF_ prefix. I think this can be changed. For example, wouldn't we all feel happier if instead of TRF_Bullitt, we had... MOMMY_Bullit?

I find that the biggest issue is where what could be termed 'offensive language' is used towards other members. I know people can get annoyed by trolling are just 'passionate disagreements' but sometimes they just need to take a step back and calm down before posting.

I remember one time during the Lions tour when I became particularly pissy (is 'pissy' ok?) and since then I've tried to calm down alot.

What I find absolutely ok is post match commentary when people are just annoyed at particular players, officials, management etc, so long as its not particularly offensive or obscene.

While where on this issue, I do think that Mod's are VERY SCARY, especially with the TRF_ prefix. I think this can be changed. For example, wouldn't we all feel happier if instead of TRF_Bullitt, we had... MOMMY_Bullit?

I'd prefer something like Darth_Bullit. I aim to be scary. Grrr.

I was expecting the jibes along the lines of Herr_Bullitt withing minutes of reading that!

The Idea behind the TRF_ prefix was to make a more professional appearance. Apparently this has backfired and instead We've developed a hooked hand, tiny little moustache and a red lightsabre.

Harrumph.

Speaking of trolls and offensive language what happened to superprop? I just realised all his posts have been taken down.

I also think it would be a good idea to be a bit stricter on bad language as the forum wouldn't look very welcoming to new ''might be members'' with alot of swear words.

Speaking of trolls and offensive language what happened to superprop? I just realised all his posts have been taken down.

I also think it would be a good idea to be a bit stricter on bad language as the forum wouldn't look very welcoming to new ''might be members'' with alot of swear words.

WHAT? Gutted!

I was expecting the jibes along the lines of Herr_Bullitt withing minutes of reading that!

The Idea behind the TRF_ prefix was to make a more professional appearance. Apparently this has backfired and instead We've developed a hooked hand, tiny little moustache and a red lightsabre.

Harrumph.

I like the TRF thing ..looks a lot more professional. However a star wars theme would be cool also..
I do tend to use bad language in my posts from time to time , but hey its hard to be PC and diplomatic all the time

There should be a smiley option(s) like they have on some forums, thre one has a little smiley with CENSORED on it, and another is a little pink smiley with little hearts floating around it and a kind of, well, face you know

That'll be mighty manly!

I just proved we do have the censored smiley but when you use it a much much worse word comes out on the forum page. :eek: You should look into its not nice.

Last edited:
There should be a smiley option(s) like they have on some forums, thre one has a little smiley with CENSORED on it, and another is a little pink smiley with little hearts floating around it and a kind of, well, face you know

That'll be mighty manly!
::sex011:

seriously what happened to superprop hes just being erased and covered up and hes not a happy boy :)

Harrumph.

I think it's lovely. And it was brilliant, that ten minutes when you were TRF_Chris. But I still think that Mommy_Teh_Mite would be the best combo of all your possible names.

Why the change?

I think it's lovely. And it was brilliant, that ten minutes when you were TRF_Chris. But I still think that Mommy_Teh_Mite would be the best combo of all your possible names.

Why the change?

Again, my idea to make the staff seem a bit more personable. Not everyone was keen on the idea.

Remember, superprop really annoyed Bullitt so had it coming to him.

Any more accounts you wish to sign up with before I merge them together?

Latest posts