• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Led Zeppelin Reunion... recordings and tours?

S

sambãd5

As we all should know, Led Zeppelin are having a reunion concert in the 02 areana in london, with the aid of jason bonham.

however in interveiws with the legend, Jimmy page

"unprecedented demand has got Page thinking that more shows might be a good idea.
Page told Blabbermouth: "It's a bit silly not to because there is such massive demand...It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32512

"Look, I'd be really surprised if there wasn't - you know, I mean I just know the way we are. We're musicians...as we're playing we'll probably be coming up with all manner of things."

"And that will be fun. I mean that's what it's all about. Let's do the O2 show, shall we? And then we'll speak to you afterward,†Page told JAM! Music.

When asked whether the one-off show might develop into a full reunion tour Page said that the band are taking things “one step at a time.â€

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...w_material.html

Now in the words of another legend in the band "oooh it makes me wonder...." as i was saying to charilie earlier on, if i hadnt already sold my soul to rock and roll, i would sell it to the devil to get tickets to see led zeppelin...

"CINCINNATI â€" It was one of those moments where all you can do is look at the guy next to you and wonder, "Did he really just say that?"

Is it possible that Ian Astbury, lead singer of '80s rock powerhouse the Cult, spilled the beans on the biggest secret in rock â€" during a club show in Cincinnati?

"We'll be back next year," a breathless Astbury said midway through the band's gig at Bogart's nightclub Saturday night. "Because we're opening for a band you may have heard of ... the name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it." Stunned looks bounced around the room until one sweat-drenched superfan shouted out the obvious: "Led Zeppelin!" Astbury, his eyes hidden behind dark shades, nodded affirmatively and stuck his hand in the air triumphantly before plowing into one of the band's signature Zeppelinesque rockers. "

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1574740/2..._zeppelin.jhtml

i dont know about you but this is f***ing big ehy....

Jason Bonoham any good? Rumour has it Grohl was going to do some Reunion show, due to him being tight with the bassist. His drumming style would fit perfectly - hard and f***ing loud.

Jason Bonoham any good? Rumour has it Grohl was going to do some Reunion show, due to him being tight with the bassist. His drumming style would fit perfectly - hard and f***ing loud. [/b]

ooooh.....

from what ive gathered about jason is that he is actually a very good drumer, very simmilar to his dad, however his bands dont seem to go anywhere, but as you can expect it would be very difficult for a drumer to pull the band. the only time i can really think of the drumer being the focus would be genisis with phill collins, but even then he was the singer.

but yeah, page, plant, jones and grohl would be f***ing good. and would work, however i would still pick jason for sentimental reasons.

"Nov 23, 2007, 11:30 GMT

Led Zeppelin have denied they are planning a world tour in 2008.

The legendary rockers claim "no decision has been made" as to whether they will follow up their comeback concert at London's O2 arena on December 10 with a globetrotting series of shows.

Excitement over a possible Led Zeppelin tour peaked this week after Ian Astbury, lead singer of British band The Cult, told fans at a show in Cincinnati: "We'll be back next year because we're opening for a band you might have heard of. The name starts with 'L' and has a 'Z' in it."

When asked by an excited member of the crowd if he meant Led Zeppelin, Astbury reportedly nodded his head and raised a celebratory arm in the air.

But an aide for the 'Stairway To Heaven' rockers insists: "No decision has been made beyond the band's performance at the O2 arena.

"Maybe Ian got mixed up and they're supporting Limp Bizkit!"

Led Zeppelin have been sending out mixed messages concerning future shows.

Lead singer Robert Plant has been quoted as saying "there'll be one show and that's it", whereas guitarist Jimmy Page insisted: "It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

The band - which also features bassist John Paul Jones - have reformed for a tribute concert for the late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, who signed the group."[/b]

http://music.monstersandcritics.com/news/a...2008_tour_rumor

looks like i might just have my hopes up :(

led_zep_cp_2987304.jpg

They wouldn't have come here anyway... the closest probably would've been 1 night in Sydney.

Latest posts