Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_6241519,00.html

Leeds Carnegie are delighted to announce the signing of Australian back Lachlan MacKay from Brive on a two-year contract.

The 27-year-old played for Australia against the All Blacks in 2005 and has spent the last two seasons in France having previously played with Western Force in the Super 14 competition.

He made his Test debut at fly-half but played at centre for most of his time in France so offers great versatility to Leeds Carnegie.

"We are delighted to have signed a player of the quality of Lachlan," said Director of Rugby Andy Key.

"We spoke to Steve Thompson regarding Lachlan after the pair had played together at Brive for the last two seasons and he could not speak highly enough of him both as a player and as an individual.

"His signing gives us great depth in the number ten shirt with Ceirion Thomas in outstanding form at the end of last season. However, he is equally adept at playing at inside centre which will be vital for us next season as we look to have quality across the backline.

"To achieve our goals for next season, the whole squad recognises that we need to have competition for every place in the side and we are certainly moving towards that position now,"

Born and raised in the Sydney suburb of Terrey Hills, he has represented Australia at Schoolboy, U19, captaining them at U21, Sevens and 'A' level before making his Wallaby debut in the same year as his Super 14 debut with the Waratahs.

He will join up with his former Force team-mate Gareth Hardy at Leeds Carnegie and he says that he is looking forward to the challenge of playing in the English Premiership.

"I am really pleased to be joining Leeds Carnegie and excited about playing in the Premiership. I enjoyed my time in France but the challenge of coming to England is something I am particularly looking forward to," he explained.

"I have been training with the squad for the past couple of weeks and I have been made to feel very welcome. Obviously Steve Thompson is someone I know well from my time in France and Gareth Hardy has been showing me around the city since I got here so settling in has not been a problem.

"Leeds Carnegie are an ambitious club and I am looking forward to working hard in pre-season and earning a place in the side for the start of the season against Bath on 5th September,"

Wow! Leeds have made one heck of a lot of signings this summer!

i think him and fury makes 10 or 11 signings
however they did lose 8 or 9 i think

Latest posts