• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leeds vs. Wigan

S

St Helens RLFC

Leeds v Wigan
Date: Saturday, 5 April Kick-off: 1800 BST Venue: Headingley Carnegie
Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio Leeds

_44529682_leeds_wigan_06.gif

Leeds are without stand-off Danny McGuire and second rower Jamie Jones-Buchanan, who both picked up injuries in the win at St Helens.

But forward Carl Ablett returns and so will winger Lee Smith if he recovers from illness.

Stand-off Trent Barrett, who missed the win over Wakefield with a knee injury, remains a doubt for Wigan. So former Leeds player full-back Richard Mathers is preparing to continue in the makeshift role.

Leeds: Webb, Donald, Senior, Smith, Burrow, Leuluai, Diskin, Peacock, Ellis, Sinfield, Lauitiiti, Bailey, Scruton, Ablett, Tansey, Hall, Burgess, Kaye, Worrall. Wigan: Mathers, Calderwood, Goulding, Carmont, Richards, Barrett, Leuluai, Fielden, Higham, Paleaaesina, Bailey, O'Loughlin, Colbon, Coley, Hansen, McIlorum, J. Tomkins, O'Carroll, Coyle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/7324394.stm

This one is a lot harder to call than it should be. I think Leeds will win as they are at the moment the best team in the competition by a mile. I think they have peaked a bit too early and were lucky to beat us last weekend. They will hit another brick wall sooner or later and the goons could well be it.

I still think they'll have too much for Wigan though. They claim they will miss "Super Trent" who I have never seen play well in a big game yet, but they have no creativity in the team with him anyway. It'll be quite close but I say Leeds to win by 8 to 12 points in the end after a big effort from Wigan.

Now as a saints supporter i should be urgin on anyone who is against wigan, but there's also that little thing in the back of my mind that says, "Well, Wigan need to win to stop these guys extending their lead even further."

Surprised you goons haven't been singing to the high heavens over this result!

Yeah, I didn't see the match but i heard the result.
Not gonna enjoy watching balls n all this week: saints lose , wigan win... *sigh*

But on the plus side, Leeds did lose. It ensures they're still in reach - just.

<div class='quotemain'>
saints lose , wigan win... *sigh*
[/b]

That always makes it sweeter :bana: :D

[/b][/quote]

Indeed......i only watched this game last night what great defence from wigan against the scum and overall a great victory at headingley Brian Noble has quite the record there.

WE ALL HATE LEEDS SCUM!

WE ALL HATE LEEDS SCUM!

Latest posts