• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hull v Wigan (Fri)

G

getofmeland

<div align="center"> </div><div align="center">Hull coach Peter Sharp:
"Winning makes everything better, I probably just can't sum it up. It's always nice to get a win because zero and three would have been tough. "We hung in there nicely and they were ahead twice so to fight back was terrific. Everyone contributed pretty well.

"The confidence of the side can change in a second. I don't know where it comes from and I don't know where it goes, but you can get it back in a second too."

Wigan coach Brian Noble:
"I thought there were a lot of things we could have done a whole lot better, I thought we lost an opportunity. "I have to look at the things that were in our control and I thought we missed an opportunity.

"There was a lot of noise and a lot of emotion from the home side and I think we got a bit too involved in that. Some of the calls could have been a bit better too but I don't want to get too involved in that.

Hull: Tony, Williams, Byrne, Hall, Raynor, Washbrook, Berrigan, Dowes, Lee, Cusack, Manu, Radford, Tickle.
Replacements: Houghton, King, Wheeldon, G. Horne.

Wigan: Mathers, Colbon, Goulding, Carmont, Richards, Barrett, Leuluai, Coley, Higham, Paleaaesina, Hansen, Bailey, O'Loughlin.
Replacements: Hock, McIlorum, Prescott, O'Carroll.

Referee: G Hewer (Wakefield)

From BBC Sport

I was hoping for the 2 pts out of this one. Hull are still depleted and there for the taking.
Nice to see Hock on the scoresheet but we're in serious need of another quality prop especially with Fielden still out injured (and probably still out of form!).

Latest posts