Leicester v Perpignan

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Leicester.png
Perpignan.png

Leicester v Perpignan
</div>

Well I bet Perpignan are glad about all the effort they went to have Carter for the Heineken Cup only for him to be on some nonsense promotional trip in Milan for the All Blacks that nobody really gives a damn about. He would only have had 1 day training with Perpignan so we have to wait till next week.

That said I still think that Leicester would have had too much for Perpignan, if they can't get the job done at the soleless, lifeless Liberty Stadium then what chance at a packed Welford Road and a step up in class???

Is Hougaard gona play?Would have been nice to see him and Carter battling it out with the boot,by the way how is Hougaard doing up north?

Cheers
Ross

About to kick off.
Will do well to be more exciting than the previous match, but I can't wait. If Perpignan show up then the Tigers will really need to work for it.
If not, Leicester could potentially get a bp victory.

Well they certainly have the wind in their sails after destroying the Perpignan scrum there and getting the 3rd try of the evening.

Bonus point try now.
Makes Sale's demolition of them a week ago seem even sweeter. :D
Perpignan just don't seem up to it to be honest.
A horrid game against the Ospreys and a stuffing at the hands of Leicester isn't the sign of a side who are going to progress...

yeah I bet Carter is glad he's picked Perpignan, came to Europe to get Heineken Cup experience, as well as a truck load of cash, but will now only get 3 games if he's lucky, real experience there!

Perpignan got vengeance at scrum-time in the end with a penalty try.
Final score: 38 - 27.
Leicester have a game on their hands with a fired-up Perpignan + Carter next week.
They'll certainly not want to lose at home! And neither will Carter.

Well incredible to watch Perpignan's scrum so poor, in a team who count so much in...Leicester must be happy to have recruited Julien Dupuy, who bring some dynamism and innovation that was clearly non-exploited when he was in Biarritz.
Next week Rendez-vous appears now as a strong revenge, as said Sir Speedy, but maily from the forward who certainly must feel mortified today.

I can't see them being too happy with that performance, could be an absolute bruising battle up front next Sunday, can't wait.

Perpignan players didn't seem to be talking to each other at all - just looking to the sidelines during breaks in play with total boredom on their faces. Very disappointing.

Could be a bruising game next week though... some needle carried over from the final whistle which might gee both sides up for the return.

I thought Moody was back to is non-stop best and he only gave 1 penalty away whilst winning 3 or 4 turnovers which I consider to be a more than fair trade :)

that's more of an exception to the rule as far as Moody is concerned, the man's a penalty machine normally.

Latest posts