• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Newport Gwent Dragons (09-09-2011, 19:35 BST)

Macken played 12, O'Malley played outside him tonight.

I don't think so, granted I only watched a little of the second half but I think O'Malley was first receiver every time Madigan spread it wide, he did have 13 on his back though, I'll have to watch it on rteplayer to be sure though.

It was a poor enough game desite the four excellent tries scored.

I couldn't care less about who played well for the Dragons but Ellis (I think) looked decent.

For Leinster, there's still plenty of work to do but it was a big step up from last week. Isa Nacewa took a lot of pressure off Ian Madigan by stepping in as first receiver frequently. Consequently Madigan had his best game in a Leinster shirt and capped his performance with an excellent individual try. Fionn Carr was also very lively (he was my MotM) and deservedly scored at the death after great work from Auva'a.

Positives for Leinster were first and foremost the win. Darren Hudson made his debut and the likes of Jack McGrath, Jack O'Connell, Mark Flanagan, Brendan Macken, Dave Kearney, Ian Madigan and John Cooney got valuable game time while Damian Browne, Jamie Hagan, Fionn Carr and Cillian Willis are now further bedded into the setup. Carr, Madigan, Willis and Ryan were Leinster's best players IMO.

The main negatives were the serious looking injury to Mat Berquist and the forwards didn't dominate proceedings.

It was a poor enough game desite the four excellent tries scored.

I couldn't care less about who played well for the Dragons but Ellis (I think) looked decent.

For Leinster, there's still plenty of work to do but it was a big step up from last week. Isa Nacewa took a lot of pressure off Ian Madigan by stepping in as first receiver frequently. Consequently Madigan had his best game in a Leinster shirt and capped his performance with an excellent individual try. Fionn Carr was also very lively (he was my MotM) and deservedly scored at the death after great work from Auva'a.

Positives for Leinster were first and foremost the win. Darren Hudson made his debut and the likes of Jack McGrath, Jack O'Connell, Mark Flanagan, Brendan Macken, Dave Kearney, Ian Madigan and John Cooney got valuable game time while Damian Browne, Jamie Hagan, Fionn Carr and Cillian Willis are now further bedded into the setup. Carr, Madigan, Willis and Ryan were Leinster's best players IMO.

The main negatives were the serious looking injury to Mat Berquist and the forwards didn't dominate proceedings.
Any word on that injury Snoop, it looked quite bad when I watched the game online today?

And well while I agree it wasn't a great game I think considering the circumstances (Internationals away and last week's performance) all Leinster will really want during this period is simply stay in touch with the rest and be in a decent position when a few others return

Latest posts