16: Franco Sbaraglini
17: Matteo Muccignat
18: Pedro Di Santo
19: Enrico Pavanello
20: Michele Sutto
21: Andrea Pratichetti
22: Andrea Marcato
23: Simon Picone

It's good to see Sheridan and McKinley given another chance having made the step up last weekend. Brilliant that Wright gets a start. Less so that O'Donoghue is in the team but the coach had no other option. Could be Nacewa's first game as captain.

Despite missing alot I like the mixture of Leinsters game. I wonder will McLaughlin see time at lock.

McKinley looked decent last week. He looks more of a 10 than Madigan does.

Leinster may not be playing brilliantly as the young members of the team are still finding their feet at this level but playing all these young players will really repay Leinster in long run. While most other teams are playing their back up players that are quite old and just about magners league standards or old washed up internationals Leinster playing pretty much an academy team and the really impressive thing is that they can still beat/match teams.

What I love about Leinster and Munster are being made too playing young guys is also the games are good to watch and I nearly enjoy these games more than 6 nations

30-5 and up to 2nd in the table ahead of next weekends clash with rivals for a top 4 spot, the Scarlets.

Realistically, Leinster were forced to delve deep into their reserves to put a team out tonight. As such, despite failure to secure the bonus point there were a lot of positives for Leinster. Kearney and McKinley looked very good and appear to be well capable of featuring in bigger games. Conway was quiet but also looked destined to step up. Ruddock and Dominic Ryan were just okay but have shown they're of a high enough standard to play regular Heineken Cup rugby. McGrath and Paul Ryan got a significant chunk of time which will aid their development. Sheridan, Morris and Harris Wright also played and while they may never be good enough to be Heineken Cup regulars, it was nice to see them play for the first team. If they don't make it with Leinster, the experience they're garnered this year should see them earn moves to decent clubs elsewhere.

Negatives for me were Stan Wright in the scrum but he can be forgiven since he's just back from injury. Isaac Boss was sloppy. Richardt Strauss was awful out of touch. Ed O'Donoghue was anonymous. Eoin O'Malley didn't impose himself enough on midfield- I feel he should have taken more of a leadership role with rookies like Sheridan, McKinley and Conway surrounding him.

Next week should be a lot better. Hopefully Sexton, Cullen, Jennings, Horgan and McFadden will step back in and lend some experience to a young team.

sexton nd co next week???? isnt it a 6nations weekend?

Latest posts