• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Ulster: Heineken Cup Quarter Final

I'm trying to erase this Six Nations from my memory so we're talking about this now.

And here's a lovely highlight video of the last time these two teams met in European competition.

Can't wait for this, I desperately need something to wipe today from my memory.

I don't want to think about it, I've had a bad feeling about this game for a while.
Ulster could be missing Henderson and Addison, can't see it being competitive without them. Coetzee and Stockdale are probably the only players I'd want to nick for Leinster.

Of course this could look really stupid in a few weeks but I think we're much better, we're in Dublin, Ulster never win here and we rarely lose.

We'll probably see something like

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Ryan
5. Fardy
6. Leavy (Ruddock if he doesn't play next week)
7. Van der Flier (if he's fit, not sure how injured he is, otherwise Leavy with Ruddock at 6)
8. Conan
9. McGrath (if he played next week, otherwise no need to risk him, just pick JGP)
10. Sexton (C)
11. Larmour (I think he can play on the left, tough on Lowe but we need Fardy with Toner out and with Luke's fitness being dodgy just go for JGP. Lowe hasn't been in top form for a while now either way)
12. Henshaw (O'Loughlin otherwise)
13. Ringrose
14. Adam Byrne
15. Kearney

16. Tracy (there was a while where I wanted Byrne but Tracy is having a really strong season)
17. Jack McGrath probably but there's definitely an argument for Ed Byrne
18. Porter
19. Molony (another player having a really good season)
20. SOB (or Leavy if he isn't fit to start)
21. JGP/O'Sullivan
22. Ross Byrne
23. O'Loughlin/Conor O'Brien

My biggest worry is the sheer amount of players with question marks over their fitness.

Think you should have dated 30th of March
You've got me there, and I was after googling the date to make sure and everything.

Anyway it's to late for me to edit it so if a mod could help out there it'd be great.

Sure we're gonna be stopped in our tracks by the Guards at the border lads.

Just be sure to hold onto your tickets for the refunds.

Although we could hatch a daring plan to get the fellas across the border on the back of an old Bedford cattle lorry via Cross...

Sure we're gonna be stopped in our tracks by the Guards at the border lads.

Just be sure to hold onto your tickets for the refunds.

Although we could hatch a daring plan to get the fellas across the border on the back of an old Bedford cattle lorry via Cross...
They'll be doing you a mercy.:D:D:D

I feel like there's something about being a Leinster fan that brings out the worst in people.

For Leinster, assuming that the starting team is as expected (Adam Byrne on the wing, O'Loughlin at 12, and more or less first choice otherwise), the most interesting calls are on the bench, Max Deegan/SOB, and Ed Byrne or Jack McGrath. I'd lean towards the more experienced option in both cases, Jack McGrath because I don't think Ed Byrne has quite done enough despite a strong season, and SOB because he's a better option at 7 than Deegan which is important with Leavy just back.

Gutted for him, can't catch a break at all, missed the business end of last year as well.

Looks like we might have a crisis at 13. Addison out, Cave looked to have taken a nasty one on Saturday, Ludik definitely took a nasty injury on Saturday, rumours that Luke Marshall might be nearing fitness but he hasn't played since last season, even young Hume out.

There's talk of Stockdale going to 13 which he hasn't played since school.

Shortly after I posted that a vague injury update from Ulster.

No mention of Cave or Henderson at all.

Ludik and Moore will be assessed later in the week.

Cards close to chest - not making me any less nervous!

Against Ringrose as well.

I really really rate Lowry but he could be in for a long afternoon under the high ball against Kearney, Sexton will target him. I'm surprised he hasn't got more time at 10 this season though because Billy Burns doesn't seem like much other than a bad Ross Byrne impressionist.

It's a pity Ulster are having so many injury problems, obviously I want us to win and win well but it's their biggest game in a fair few years, it's not great that they'll be missing a lot of their players.

I'm still uneasy about this, based off nothing but a gut feeling. I'm probably just a bit pessimistic after the 6n because everything I've ever seen in his career tells me that Sexton is going to come back and have a stormer.

Latest posts