Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by Leinster Fan, Mar 16, 2019.
Saturday 13 March
I'm trying to erase this Six Nations from my memory so we're talking about this now.
And here's a lovely highlight video of the last time these two teams met in European competition.
Leinster are Wales. Ulster are Ireland.
Can't wait for this, I desperately need something to wipe today from my memory.
I don't want to think about it, I've had a bad feeling about this game for a while.
Ulster could be missing Henderson and Addison, can't see it being competitive without them. Coetzee and Stockdale are probably the only players I'd want to nick for Leinster.
Of course this could look really stupid in a few weeks but I think we're much better, we're in Dublin, Ulster never win here and we rarely lose.
We'll probably see something like
6. Leavy (Ruddock if he doesn't play next week)
7. Van der Flier (if he's fit, not sure how injured he is, otherwise Leavy with Ruddock at 6)
9. McGrath (if he played next week, otherwise no need to risk him, just pick JGP)
10. Sexton (C)
11. Larmour (I think he can play on the left, tough on Lowe but we need Fardy with Toner out and with Luke's fitness being dodgy just go for JGP. Lowe hasn't been in top form for a while now either way)
12. Henshaw (O'Loughlin otherwise)
14. Adam Byrne
16. Tracy (there was a while where I wanted Byrne but Tracy is having a really strong season)
17. Jack McGrath probably but there's definitely an argument for Ed Byrne
19. Molony (another player having a really good season)
20. SOB (or Leavy if he isn't fit to start)
22. Ross Byrne
23. O'Loughlin/Conor O'Brien
My biggest worry is the sheer amount of players with question marks over their fitness.
Think you should have dated 30th of March
You've got me there, and I was after googling the date to make sure and everything.
Anyway it's to late for me to edit it so if a mod could help out there it'd be great.
Looks like no Henshaw but Leavy, McGrath, McCarthy and Tomane all expected back.
Sure we're gonna be stopped in our tracks by the Guards at the border lads.
Just be sure to hold onto your tickets for the refunds.
Although we could hatch a daring plan to get the fellas across the border on the back of an old Bedford cattle lorry via Cross...
They'll be doing you a mercy.
I feel like there's something about being a Leinster fan that brings out the worst in people.
Separate names with a comma.