• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster vs Ospreys

Ospreys lineout really is costing them again. It's a complete mess at times! Leinster pressing after an overthown lineout on their own 22.

Edit: first mistake by Collins. Knocked on.

Heaslip is havign a huge game. Great, great player.

Wow poor through at the lineout allows Leinster to steal it and attack!

You're a little behind there Cymro!

Arg, Ian Gough yellow carded. stuck out a hand after Berne chiped over the top. Not much contact, but deserved yellow really.

Last edited:
Ospreys shooting themselves in the foot ... Gough yellow carded!

Good to see editing your post to try and have the latest news ...

Played Leinster ... Ospreys should have done better!

My MOTM: Jamie Heaslip

The man has all the attributes you wanna see in your number 8; great strength and rucking ability, pace, power, ball carrying, try scoring. His workmanship is 2nd to none

Shite in the first half, much beter after the break. Heaslip was immense and Berne had a strong 2nd half. I thought Shaggy was knocked out early in the 1st half when he attempted to tackle one of the Hairsprays players.

Only watched up to Leinsters penalty to get them 20 - 16, but was an entertaining match up until that point,
I love Heaslip, he's such a good player to watch, got a bit of pace for a forward, and loves smashing through people as much as running in the open.

Wonder if Cullen'll be cited for stamping

My MOTM: Jamie Heaslip

The man has all the attributes you wanna see in your number 8; great strength and rucking ability, pace, power, ball carrying, try scoring. His workmanship is 2nd to none

100% agreed and lads after watching him closely vs Clermont and again tonight every time he got the ball even from standing position, he made at least 7-8metres gain.
The man is seriously developing in to the best 8 in the world by a mile (excluding Nick Williams of course :D :D)

Think some of the praise is a little over exaggerated, did have a good game, but his work in the tight was not all there. Loose play was spectacular.

It could be argued at times he entered rucks from the side and killed ball when he had a chance. Other ref's would have penalised him for it.

But Heaslip outside of Parisse is the best 8 in the NH!

Think some of the praise is a little over exaggerated, did have a good game, but his work in the tight was not all there. Loose play was spectacular.

It could be argued at times he entered rucks from the side and killed ball when he had a chance. Other ref's would have penalised him for it.

But Heaslip outside of Parisse is the best 8 in the NH!
Tonight wasn't his outstanding best but he is consitently performing for over 12months at a high level.
Heaslip (including Parisse) is best 8 in NH and possibly the World.

ah lads it's too tough to call a best number 8 in the world. There are so many quality 8s all over the world. In a world XV it would be the most difficult position to pick. Can't be denied headlip's up amongst the best of them. Some of the lines he picks are class.

EDITED

Agree King but if we realistic I don't think there any exceptional 8 in SH like Spies was probably best hyped up one but got beating by Heaslip on the Lions tour and wasn't impressive of late.

I would still have spies up there but I agree that number 8 is 1 of those rare positions where the NH is currently dominating in quality. Harinordoquy, Headlip and Parisse are the 3 best in the world right now imo.

Lads what the chance's of Leinster putting out a 'mickey mouse' team against Connacht Wednesday evening.

On radio there they on about how IRFU will be dreading thoughts of Connacht sneaking into the Heineken Cup.

They'll undoubtedly put out a bunch of kids for either the Connacht or Glasgow game since those matches are just 2 days apart. I think they'll go with a full strength side vs Connacht and give the Heineken Cup team 10 days to prepare for Toulouse (assuming they get there and this bloody volcanic ash isn't still playing up)

I would've thought they'd do the opposite and put full strength team out against Glasgow as I know its minor similaritities but:
-Both games away vs team going well
-The Glasgow game will possibly the tougher game which Leinster probably need.

Also Snoop I watching the AIL semi-final between Belve and Mary's and see Andy Dunne having good game is he in Leinster set-up or how he end up with Belve

Latest posts