• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Let's Make Our Own Rugby Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigTen

I found this on eBay - I know that the auction is finished but how cool would it be.

eBay

We could get Swordfish to give us the code for Jonah Lomu Rugby and keep the gameplay the same - fix up some of the errors and update the player rosters and some of the competitions and venues. Add a couple of extra comps and some more extras and shazaam we'd have the best rugby game ever.

Bring it on!

yeah i dont think it was fake by the questions and answers given by the guy.

if i won lotto i would definatly think about hiring this firm for 90 days.

good way to spend a bit of cash really :D and i would have fun doing it as well.

though saying that i dont have a good idea for a game, and i wouldnt do a rugby game as i would get bored trying to teach the guys the rules etc.

Yeah a decent rugby manager game would be awesome and it wouldn't be that hard to make.

Yeah sigames would make a kick-ass game - maybe they are thinking of making one. They would be able to do it pretty easy using their existing football manager engine.

You see, if Japan had been given the 2011 World Cup instead of New Zealand, Konami might have had the motivation to make a rugby game.

Imagine the level of brilliance in Pro Evo, but rugby...:ph34r:

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@May 2 2006, 05:07 AM
You see, if Japan had been given the 2011 World Cup instead of New Zealand, Konami might have had the motivation to make a rugby game.

Dear. God. No.

I doubt that Konami would make a rugby game just because Japan hosted a world cup.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@May 2 2006, 05:07 AM

:hunt:

I am shooting you down

Never...........EVER excite me like that again - without delivering the goods :p

Bang Bang!!

:bleh!:

Originally posted by ak47+May 2 2006, 06:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@May 2 2006, 05:07 AM

:hunt:

I am shooting you down

Never...........EVER excite me like that again - without delivering the goods :p

Bang Bang!!

:bleh!: [/b]

I don't think the Japanese would care what we thought if the rated Japan about the fifth best team in the world or something stupid like that.

Game physics-wise, it'd be something else though!

Its odd they don't make a rugby game coz Japan is currently ranked 17th in the Fifa World Ranking (Soccer) & in IRB World rankings they are ranked the same (17th)

Yeah but football is a lot more popular in Japan than rugby.

And I think that as EA has most of the official licences tied-up not a lot of other game developers would be too keen to look at making a rugby game.

In reference to the suggestion of a JLR remake, I've always thought that that would be a fantastic idea. But you wouldn't need to hire a multi-award winning dev-team to do it. There are a couple of good classic football game remakes (namely Yoda Soccer and Throw In) that were made by single amateur developers, and I expect JLR would be, in many ways, easier to recreate than those games. Then graphics could be improved, a few new features added, and voila, the best Rugby game ever. The only issue is there are so few amateur developers interested in rugby. We just need to find someone with a bit of coding knowledge who actually wants to do this.

I know about Throw-In.. i know the guys who made it, although i think it was never completed.

It is really odd, but the other day i did have the crazy idea of.. wait for it..

SENSIBLE WORLD OF RUGBY!

Can you imagine those little sprites playing rugby for club and country?

Throw In is still very much going:

http://ko-gathering.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=23

I thought a SWOS type rugby game might be quite good (and thought maybe it could just be made on the Yoda Soccer engine). I think a decent JLR remake is more important, and, seeing as it doesn't look like Swordfish are ever going to deliver one, we need to find someone who can.

Rugby Challenge is good, but it just seems like an uncompleted version of a game.. like a beta infact.

The game i would like to see would be very similar to JLR or Rugby Challenge but it would have the following features:-

- Feature to make club and national team player transfers
- Extended rugby player/team database with players for transfer
- Career mode with real club and national teams
- More leagues, competitions and clubs (i.e argentina, japan, italy)
- Player editor with feature to make faces and body (Fa'atau's tattoos)
- Kit selector before a game
- Proper stats recording for competitions
- Classic teams

If that could be done, and i'm sure it could it'd eliminate a lot of problems from RC2006 and JLR. I wonder if i can get an emulator for PS1 for JLR..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts