• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lewis Hamilton Crash

Glad to hear he's alright.

The attitude by some posters on BBC 606 disgusted me, however. The reaction to anyone crashing hould be to whether they are OK or not, not whether it's the end of their rise.

In the vast majority of high speed crashes in modern formula 1 the drivers usually walk away without a scratch, obvioulsy there are notable exceptions but each time there are safety standards are improved even further, so it's understandable if people aren't overly concerned with the well being of any driver when such incidents do happen.

Given that's he's fine though and should race today it will be interesting to see how he does starting from 10th on the grid, there's no reason why he shouldn't still be in contention given what we've seen so far. Besides winning from 10th shouldn't be a problem for young Hamilton, I seem to remember a certain Schumacher winning from 17th in Spa.

People should get over it really, dont wanna make him like tim henman [/b]

What exactly do you mean "get over him"? The guy suffered an unfortunate set back and needs our support if he is to force himself into the points on the race today!

I was wondering if he was going to use the spare car, in which case he'll be starting from the pit lane. There were rumours that the McClaren mechanics were working heaven and earth to repair his actual car so he could start at P10.

Yeah that is a bit of a dopey thing to say Charles.

One thing which is nice is how Fernando Alonso came back so strongly after being told about Hamiltons crash.

After all of the hype, the Spaniard is quite the gentleman and has only the highest respect for Lewis, he is definitely no Nelson Piquet (who was a total nob-end). Kudos Fernando, kudos.

What is wrong with what I said, all I said was DAMN, the car survived... I mean after an impact at 150MPH... Its bloody amazing technology....

What is wrong with what I said, all I said was DAMN, the car survived... I mean after an impact at 150MPH... Its bloody amazing technology.... [/b]
Way to cover yourself :p

Nicely rescued there Charles. You were in danger of digging your own grave there!

Well People only watch Motor Sports to See Accidents!!!

FACT!!! [/b]

I watch the beginning of a grand prix race for the crash.
I can't sit through the rest.

You mean a succession of crashes. There were six of them you know.

People used to watch F1 for the spectacle, for the passing and the drama. Between 1992 and 2006 you simply didn't have that kind of drama except the odd major crash.

Lewis Hamilton though, what a fighter! Fought back despite first getting a puncture and then sliding off of the track! He did bloody well to get back to where he was at the end. Well done.

One of the better races to watch for some time. Too bad it took weather to make it like that. Fix the regulations, FIA.

Terrible crash....But Lewis is a great pilot, and i'm sure he's a future's championship

It was a terrible crash but its good to see him back to winning ways today, its strange what is going on with mclaren and alonso but at least it is livening F1 up this season.

I am not at all a fan of Lewis Hamilton. I think that Jenson Button could have been at the same position in the championship if he had the same car.

That is crap hamilton wasn't even supposed to be back on track when he span of, 6 guys span out and only one was put back on track, even if he kept his car going he got helped and the same thing has happened to Michael and Alonso and the marshels refused to put both of them back on track. It's not fair just because everyone thinks he is the next big thing they help him every step of the way

That is crap hamilton wasn't even supposed to be back on track when he span of, 6 guys span out and only one was put back on track, even if he kept his car going he got helped and the same thing has happened to Michael and Alonso and the marshels refused to put both of them back on track. It's not fair just because everyone thinks he is the next big thing they help him every step of the way

Latest posts