Life as a pro - Total Rugby

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
I'm in the middle of watching this documentary the IRB produced in which they follow four pro rugby players (Ceri Jones of Harlequins, Michael Reid of North Harbour, John Muldoon of Connacht and Ronnie Uys of the mighty Pumas) around for a bit and get their opinions on all things pro rugby. It's a good watch if you have 20 minutes to spare.

The wage difference between the hemispheres is staggering btw!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDgKHySObFs

Top find!

Ronnie Uys is a big lump!

I really thought the wages for a player in the north was a lot less,
CJ said the average player gets 80k+, i thought it'd be around 50ish

Aye, 100,000 is fairly tasty too. While it's obviously nothing compared to what footballers ear, it's nice to see rugby players getting a bit more money than they did in the past for their efforts.

Has anyone noticed that John Muldoon say rubby instead of rugby? :lol:

Money more in northern hemisphere...does not seem to be helping them rugby playing wise, southern hemisphere still dominates the international scene.

I'm nipping this in the bud:
Please don't turn this thread into an NH vs SH willy whirling contest!

I'm nipping this in the bud:
Please don't turn this thread into an NH vs SH willy whirling contest!

Why would that ever happen...ha ha...will always happen when people start comparing the 2, personally their is no comparison. Nuff said.

Top find!

Ronnie Uys is a big lump!

I really thought the wages for a player in the north was a lot less,
CJ said the average player gets 80k+, i thought it'd be around 50ish

Ronnie is a real pie...that is why he plays 4 a small union in SA, he really needs to get a personal conditioning coach, he needs help. Great to watch him throw his weight around though...really funny. The Lions are apparently offering players up to 2.5 million pounds a year to move to jo'burg.

Last edited:

Similar video but about 7s players

Last edited by a moderator:
That 60k in nz$ Michael Reid is talking about only works out to about 25k Euros.

Your average NH player is earning between 2 and 3 times what their SH counterparts earn...

That 60k in nz$ Michael Reid is talking about only works out to about 25k Euros.

Your average NH player is earning between 2 and 3 times what their SH counterparts earn...

Only top-flight senior players and above earn more then £20k per year. More and more players will only be given a pay-per-play contract also.

Latest posts