• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Life on Mars

Missed it thanks to a remarkable night of European Football, have heard good things bout it tho...

I loved the first series but haven't been able to watch any of the second??

Better or equal to series 1?

Dunno, Only just started watching it this series. I was spending too much time in the pub for series 1, but I have since <strike>downloaded</strike> aquired it and am about to begin.

I don't really watch tele, but i often hear programme names being thrown in the air (e.g. skins)
I don't know why i never got around to sitting down to watch Life On Mars, coz i like sci-fi and all. And space.

coz i like sci-fi and all. And space.
[/b]

Desperately trying to work out whether you're joking. It's so hard sometimes when all you have in front of you is text...

No, i'm not joking. I honestly do like sci-fi stuff.
Not Star Trek, that kinda bores me.

No, i'm not joking. I honestly do like sci-fi stuff.
Not Star Trek, that kinda bores me.
[/b]

Nothing wrong with sci-fi.

I meant that you think it's set in space.

You do realise it isn't?

Right?

Erm...I'm starting to think that it isn't set in space now.
As i said before, i don't watch tele much, but the ***le certainly appeals to me.

However, i'm now beginning to think i have been heavily deceived.

If it's not set in space, at least tell me it's all based on "life out there" or an interesting fictional view on our space exploits. Otherwise i'm clueless as to what this programme's about.

:lol:

It's about a modern day cop who goes into a coma and then somehow gets transported back in time to 1970s Manchester. Or it's all in his mind. That is slowly being revealed I think.

No aliens.

No spaceships.

Not even a little red planet.

The ***le is based on the David Bowie song of the same name. Sorry.

I have to say i'm truly gutted and - as i previously thought - deceived!
I was enticed by the idea of a good intelligent programme regarding space that didn't entirely cater to fan-based-geeks.

Although let down, i have to say I do like the concept of this new "Life On Mars" that i'm now hearing about (in contrast to the old ficticious one i made up in my head!)...and i still may go check it out.

I have to say, i do feel very stupid at the moment.

How was I to know it was a freaking Bowie reference, though?!

This is a brilliant idea as TV goes. Somebody ate light bulbs for breakfast.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ixsc9POvY7E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ixsc9POvY7E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:lol2tn:

When you throw in all the radio stations and extra freeview channels they do there are times when that licence fee looks like the biggest bargain ever.

I'd have payed last years for Planet Earth on it's own. That was truly remarkable.

If they'd just get Rugby Union & Cricket equivelant of MotdD I'd be absolutely sorted.

God bless the BBC

BBC get more funding from their advertising on the UK network channels and DVD sales then they do with the lisence fee. I wouldn't be supprised if they don't rack in as much as Sky do each month.

BBC get more funding from their advertising on the UK network channels and DVD sales then they do with the lisence fee. I wouldn't be supprised if they don't rack in as much as Sky do each month.
[/b]

Hee hee. Tremendous! That must make ITV seethe. I could lose ITV altogether and not miss it at all...Is there ever anything decent on it? Even Channel5 are outstripping it now.

"The BBC is one of this country's greatest institutions"
Discuss.

SB

Ok, so thanks to this discussion and my stupidity i decided to <strike>download</strike> aquire series one and two.

THey were great. Brilliant. Awesome.

I loved every episode. Except for the last.
I don't want to go giving away spoilers here, but was anyone else cheesed off with the way the programme ended...FOREVER!?

Sweet, that makes it all a little better.
And as good a character as Sam was, he was no match for Gene Hunt!

Is this exactly the same plot but now set in the 80's and with a woman instead?

Latest posts