• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Line Outs

M

maddog79

I was wondering if there is a quick lineout option in Rugby 2005. Like when a player catches the ball out of bounds? And the kicking team chasing in defense to prevent it.
That would make the game really sweet.

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 14 2005, 08:11 PM
No quick lineouts.

Only Full lineouts too.
thats a bit weird isn't it??? If in Rugby 2004 they had half, full and 2 man line outs, then why would they change it this time...

Hard to understand that, is it that they had so much to fix from the last game that they started from scratch and fixed too much?
Can't believe I said that about 04!

The 2-man lineouts were fairly pointless in all fairness, I'm suprised that there's only full lineouts.

yea they hardly eva hav 3 man line outs any way in 15 a side rugby... maybe a 5 man lino out option but they only really ever hav 5 & 7 man lineouts

do the lineouts have dummy jumpers and such with lots and lots of movement or are they just static enough jump options at 2, 4 and tail?

I hope they have movement cos it would be more realistic, and would be good fun cos Line outs can turn games. I also hope the AI for the lineouts is good so if you can move about you trick the opposition and play set plays.

Do they still have the option to chuck the ball to the front of the lineout for the jumper to catch and pass the ball back to the hooker? because when that fist worked, it was excellent stuff.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 15 2005, 02:51 PM
Do they still have the option to chuck the ball to the front of the lineout for the jumper to catch and pass the ball back to the hooker? because when that fist worked, it was excellent stuff.
YES I DO BELIEVE THE DUMMY JUMPER IS BACK

i never tried it but the line-out are 100% exactly the same to a tee

D pad for jumper - front, middle, back
hold button for throw - front, middle, back
hit D pad
release when ready for throw