Lionhead bought

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by woosaah, Apr 13, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3634755a7873,00.html

This is bad news, Lionhead Studios were one of my favourite studios and made great games. i enjoyed Movies, Fable and Black and white now they are going to make whatever ea decide they want not what they want. I know they made games then sold them to EA to publish but now its Microsoft calling the shots.

I hope they dont lose out on their creativitiy.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Microsoft is a good company to work for. Nearly all the games by micorosoft are the best games released.

4. woosaah

woosaah Guest

yeah but most of the time they do what ea do and get other companies to outsource there games. i hope they keep their name

5. kaftka

kaftka Guest

They should do.

What I think (that is, hope) will happen , without knowing any of the details whatsoever, is that Lionhead will carry on as usual, but obviously they will make games only for whatever system they are allowed to by Microsoft. They will keep their name, like Rare and Bungie.

I thought they were already owned by Microsoft to be perfectly honest. They've only ever made games for PC and Xbox haven't they? Things shouldn't be too different I expect.... Without knowing any of the details whatsoever ;)

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!