• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lionhead bought

W

woosaah

Lionhead bought
11 April 2006 
By GERARD CAMPBELL

In another buying spree, Microsoft Game Studios has bought British game developer Lionhead Studios, most well known for its Fable and Black and White games.

Lionhead will "immediately" start developing content for the Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows platforms.

The companies previously worked together on the role-playing games Fable for Xbox and Fable: The Lost Chapters for Xbox and Windows PCs, which have surpassed the 2 million unit sales milestone, making Fable the best-selling role- playing franchise on the Xbox platform.

Lionhead joins Bungie Studios, Ensemble Studios, Fasa Studio and Rare on a Microsoft Game Studio's roster.
[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3634755a7873,00.html

This is bad news, Lionhead Studios were one of my favourite studios and made great games. i enjoyed Movies, Fable and Black and white now they are going to make whatever ea decide they want not what they want. I know they made games then sold them to EA to publish but now its Microsoft calling the shots.

I hope they dont lose out on their creativitiy.

Microsoft is a good company to work for. Nearly all the games by micorosoft are the best games released.

yeah but most of the time they do what ea do and get other companies to outsource there games. i hope they keep their name

They should do.

What I think (that is, hope) will happen , without knowing any of the details whatsoever, is that Lionhead will carry on as usual, but obviously they will make games only for whatever system they are allowed to by Microsoft. They will keep their name, like Rare and Bungie.

I thought they were already owned by Microsoft to be perfectly honest. They've only ever made games for PC and Xbox haven't they? Things shouldn't be too different I expect.... Without knowing any of the details whatsoever ;)

Latest posts