• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Licence Announcement - 07/07/2011 - Exclusive Screenshot

Only just seen the pics, these get better and better with every announcement. Its as if HB are teasing us with every pic :p :p good job!

Nisbo says " We've had to deal with Russia, Georgia, Fiji". Georgia is a very specific country to single out in terms of names, but I'll guess we'll have to wait and see :)

Might that be because Georgian names are very specific in their pronounciation for a commentator? Think of all the "-adze" and "-vili" name endings... Amisulashvili, Salukvadze etc, would be very memorable and specific

Perhaps it means that England based players won't be licensed, as their faces are owned by PRL (if you catch my drift) - So Tony Buckley/Geordan Murphy could be unlicensed

Anyone else seeing the word EXCLUSIVE as somthing negative. We all where taught as kids to share:) From our perspective it would seem like it would be more expensive to get exclusive rather then reg license, if there is such a thing??, maybe some licensors only give out exclusive???. But if two games had the license it seems like everyone would win in this situation, more exposure for licensors, two companies buying licenses rather then one. For argument sake, lets say an exclusive license cost $200,000.00 and an un exclusive license cost $125,000.00 wouldn't it be better for the licensor to make two sales for $250,000.00 rather then one for $200,000.00 and they would get more exposure being in two games. Very confusing, for us consumers. Or how about Hes and 505 come to an agreement to alternate years of game releases, this would give time to make the game, while we would get a rugby game every year, I would think the rugby game fans are a little more hardcore with there passion for rugby and would have no problem buying a new rugby game every year, while giving the development team more time to work on each ***le, they could both use licenses every other year. Seams like a good idea on paper, there is probably a lot more politics involved, but who knows, sometimes talking things through new ideas can be explored. I have honestly enjoyed both game makers products through out the years and have purchased every rugby game out there from pc, wii, ps3 to xbox and would love to see both version of these games continue to be developed, a fifa vs pes situation, except alternating years. Could be good for everyone.
Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
just saw on the sidhe forum that "For the leagues we are yet to announce, we have licenses to all the included teams and all their respective players", from the man Mario himself. So if the Pro12 is in then we're laughing! ;)

All that makes me think is that it's less likely that the pro12 is in

Well, Rugby Challenge ("Unconfirmed", but basically everyone knows they do) have the rights to Top 14, Pro 12 and the Aviva Prem.... and will feature the 20 international teams. . . . So Six Nations, Tri Nations, World Cup etc... wont suck all that much in Rugby Challenge!!

Where as, RWC11 will only feature the basic 30 man squad, of 20 nations.....

yeah, seems unlikely seeing as the 3 of the unions making up the Celtic/Pro12 league have signed with HB...

...unless

...unless at the stage of negotiating and finalising the licenses, it was well known to all parties that there were 2 competing companies making games, but one was an international team based game and the other was a heavily weighted club based game, so an agreement to split the rights was reached?

yeah, seems unlikely seeing as the 3 of the unions making up the Celtic/Pro12 league have signed with HB...

...unless

...unless at the stage of negotiating and finalising the licenses, it was well known to all parties that there were 2 competing companies making games, but one was an international team based game and the other was a heavily weighted club based game, so an agreement to split the rights was reached?

There's 95 teams in RC. With all announced licenses and the use of math, and presuming that the Celtic league is one of the more popular leagues, I find it very likely that the Celtic League is in the game.

I agree that it seems unlikely that the Celtic league could be licensed teams given the hb license but, at the same time, do you really think that the remaining licenses could include neither pro12 or heinekenPlease!! Either will do!!

First screen shot of the New Zealand team. Tana Umaga is back and playing hooker ohh yeaahh.

I agree that it seems unlikely that the Celtic league could be licensed teams given the hb license but, at the same time, do you really think that the remaining licenses could include neither pro12 or heinekenPlease!! Either will do!!

How about the French licence? HB have announced the French intentional license but Sidhe, presuming things can be recovered, have got the Top 14?

Independantly run clubs rather then Union owned Franchises. Same as in England.

Independantly run clubs rather then Union owned Franchises. Same as in England.

Interesting point. However I would presume with the nature of business these days that these clubs/unions, or in all honesty companies, would be all ltd. companies, which would require different licensing.

Licensing is a minefield of bureaucracy and bullshit. I suspect to put in the English and French clubs predominantly from the club itself and also some form of approval from the tournament organisers (eg. Premier Rugby).

Chucking the unions themselves also into the mix and it no doubt creates even more issues.

Licensing is a minefield of bureaucracy and bullshit. I suspect to put in the English and French clubs predominantly from the club itself and also some form of approval from the tournament organisers (eg. Premier Rugby).

Chucking the unions themselves also into the mix and it no doubt creates even more issues.
Anything to do with licensing should just be answered with "legalese."

Latest posts