• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Licence Announcement - 07/07/2011 - Exclusive Screenshot

No worries... Just my pence worth...

Anyways let get back to the Irish Licences... So We now have the Home Nations all Licensed in the game...

I must say the images are looking good, the Aviva looks fantastic, can't wait to play England vs Ireland there...

..these look great! not too sure about the welsh players :eek:

maybe the one tackling is lydiate, the one towards the back looks like byrne and the other closest one could possibly get away with being jonathan davies?? slash hes wearing leg tape! :mellow: scared theres no mention of likeness' in the WRU thread :(

Good point...hmmm I have a thought on this, does magners league have rights to player likenesses? If so it could be rc has that so hb have the kits and stadiums but can't show certain players?

So it looks like southern hemisphere vs northern hemisphere will be South Africa vs a mix of those crackers you northern hemisphere people call rugby players:rolleyes:

now to wait and see if italy get exclusively licensed by HB then there could perhaps be some kind of 6 nations mode in the game too. Ireland screenshots look really good.

The thing is that this game is always about the Rugby World Cup, so it was always going to be nations, rather than clubs... Lets have a list of Countries:

Argentina
Australia - Not Licensed
England - Licensed
Fiji
France - Licensed
Ireland - Licensed
Italy
New Zealand - Not Licensed
Scotland - Licensed
South Africa - Licensed
Tonga
Wales - Licensed
Canada
Georgia
Japan
Namibia
Romania
Russia
Samoa
United States

So Far there is still a large majority of countries to announce

The thing is that this game is always about the Rugby World Cup, so it was always going to be nations, rather than clubs... Lets have a list of Countries:

Argentina
Australia - Not Licensed
England - Licensed
Fiji
France - Licensed
Ireland - Licensed
Italy
New Zealand - Not Licensed
Scotland - Licensed
South Africa - Licensed
Tonga
Wales - Licensed
Canada
Georgia
Japan
Namibia
Romania
Russia
Samoa
United States

So Far there is still a large majority of countries to announce
Have you seen the RC commentry video, it seems to hint that they have Russia, Fiji and 1 or 2 others?

Note they can hint but they have not been announced... A lot of the smaller countries won't have the clout to stand up to the IRB, so they will be told to fall in line, however NZ and Aus, have that clout to be able to get away with it...

I thought I had read that Sidhe had the rights to the USA Eagles, but then I also saw others counter that viewpoint. I really hope that HB can pick up most international teams while Sidhe keeps raking in the club competitions. As someone who is probably going to buy both games that would be my ideal scenario.

TRF_Getofmeland as HB have the licenses from the unions does that mean that all the players will have their likenesses?

I would hope that if not all the players in the 30 man squads are modelled, then the starting 15/22 are at least.

Have you seen the RC commentry video, it seems to hint that they have Russia, Fiji and 1 or 2 others?

TBH I think that may be slight speculation, and I believe I am right in saying that on the Sidhe forums Mario actually addressed this very point, and that because they had to record the commentary before all licences were secured they just recorded loads of names (3000 I think), regardless of whether they had that team's licence or not, just in case they did get it in the future. Similar to the way that Mario has said that some of the licences seen in the gameplay video won't be in the final game, so there may be the possibility of no Top 14, or maybe no Toulouse or Montpellier, so that was the reason it was never meant to come to the public domain.

if tommy bowe isn't up to scratch in the game i sware ill cry:d
Perhaps it means that England based players won't be licensed, as their faces are owned by PRL (if you catch my drift) - So Tony Buckley/Geordan Murphy could be unlicensed
Potentially Tommy Bowe (not sure how Welsh provinces are licensed) too

Because of these few players not being available they can't say all likenesses are there

This is all speculation though, so don't quote me on it :D

Would also be something to consider... surely not all licenses that are obtained are exclusive, so isn't it in the realms of possibility that both Sidhe and HB will have obtained the rights for some of the "lesser" rugby nations such as the USA Eagles?

And in terms of Sidhe having recorded the use Fiji etc for commentary, the name of a country does not fall under a rugby license, so by simply having that name recorded should not indicate a license... the All Blacks and Wallabies are not licensed by HB but they can still call them New Zealand and Australia... similarly, Sidhe don't have the England RFU license but do you really think that means they will not have a team in their game called "England"?

Think of the Dutch teams in previous FIFA games, no license but they were still called Holland/Netherlands... in FIFA 11, both Cameroon and South Africa are not fully licensed, but they are still called by their country names.

I can't remember what the line was exactly, but didn't the commentators allude to the fact that they'd been recording a lot of Fijian-esque surnames?

How many of those would appear throughout the ITM cup? Also throw in Top14 and Aviva for a few more names - might just be that?
Or might just be generic ones (rather than the actual Fijian team list)

Little early to be reading in to it, I say - we'll see when the full licenses are announced :p

That lineout pic is interesting - I'm guessing that's the unlicensed New Zealand?

Nisbo says " We've had to deal with Russia, Georgia, Fiji". Georgia is a very specific country to single out in terms of names, but I'll guess we'll have to wait and see :)

Latest posts