• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

USA Licence Announcement

I'm finally 100% sold on this game. I needed 3 things to happen: IRFU liscense, USA liscense, and USA release date. I got all three. Thanks, HB!

So as of now. RWC 2011 has 10 licensed national teams..

- Eng, France, Ire, Italy, Scots, Wales, South Africa, Argentina, Canada and USA...

Aus and NZ are no go...

But that means there are 8 more licenses up for grab...
- Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Japan, Namibia, Romania, Russia and Georgia.

Hopefully HB can secure these 8 as well... They dont even have to be exclusive IMO.

not paying £40+ for this amount of content though. £30 would be better

Quality over quantity :) Normally only ever played as England in any Rugby game I've had anyway, except for a bit of world league. Never touched upon super 14 etc so this will suit me fine

Don't really understand why all licenses cannot be shared (non-exclusive) as per the USA example.
I would much prefer competing developers to share non-exclusive licenses like the USA case, because I would have thought (and AJ or Glen please feel free to put me straight) that by sharing licenses it would allow the developers to focus purely on the quality of their gameplay, content and graphics of their game without having to stress over what license rights the need to have to attract gamers to buying their game.
As an avid sports gamer, authenticity is as important to me as gameplay; I know I'll never make an international rugby player, but hey, with an xbox and the hard work of a game development team, I have the ability to get as close to it it as possible.
I would rather see the battle for rugby game popularity be based on the gameplay, content (in terms of international teams, club teams, representative teams, player, team, kit and tournament editor/creator etc etc) and graphics than on licenses which can rob the gamer of authenticity which is so crucial to sports games.
Just my thoughts :)

Latest posts