• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland Licence Info - Exclusive Screenshot

Quick point of clarification as Milla has been gracious enough to do elsewhere (thanks Milla): Sidhe are not responsible for licensing on Rugby Challenge. Their publisher, HES is the licensee.

Any chances of the Currie Cup being included in future games?

Quick point of clarification as Milla has been gracious enough to do elsewhere (thanks Milla): Sidhe are not responsible for licensing on Rugby Challenge. Their publisher, HES is the licensee.

Hmmmm, so the way I am reading all the posts recently regarding HB's continued but ultimately failed attempts to gain the NZ and Aus licenses, is that the block was and has firmly been put in place by HES as the licenses current holder (i.e. they had already purchased the exclusive license from both unions) and I'm guessing that despite fruitful or even helpful talks between HB and the 2 unions in question and even directly with the guys at Sidhe themselves, it was HES which would not budge on removing the total exclusivity of the licenses.

Does that ring true with anyone else?

Ya that is what it sounds like, also sounds like HES used the old.... we are a local company, you scratch my back, scratch yours.

Hmmmm, so the way I am reading all the posts recently regarding HB's continued but ultimately failed attempts to gain the NZ and Aus licenses, is that the block was and has firmly been put in place by HES as the licenses current holder (i.e. they had already purchased the exclusive license from both unions) and I'm guessing that despite fruitful or even helpful talks between HB and the 2 unions in question and even directly with the guys at Sidhe themselves, it was HES which would not budge on removing the total exclusivity of the licenses.

Does that ring true with anyone else?

It could be wrong, but has that feel about it. My imagination (don't want someone to report this as the truth elsewhere - it's just speculation) tends to tell me that something along the lines of "if we can have Australia and New Zealand we'll give you the South African Super 15 sides and permission to also use a couple of the european international sides in exchange". Which could've been met with a "No, can you just give us the Super 15 sides though anyway please"? :lol:

Who knows really, but it's turned out a little sad anyhow. :(

No problem, AJ :)

Guys, both Mario and Alastair have pointed out previously that our respective projects were unknown to one another initially. Licences were being secured before either knew there was any competition. Also, the idea that we can trade licence rights like Pokemon cards is sweet, but not realistic. We are releasing competing products onto the market that we must share. One studio has had to go it alone to start off with, and the other is facing up to a much more experienced and established rugby developer. The competition is very real, so nobody is pulling their punches, but there's no hitting below the belt either.

...Oops, wrong sport.

Seems Sidhe snatched the Two teams making this a fully licensed WC, ouch!!!! Worst of all if this is the game with the best game play Kiwis and Ozzies are going to feel gutted.

I'm sorry, have you actually seen any game play of either of the games?

Seems Sidhe snatched the Two teams making this a fully licensed WC, ouch!!!! Worst of all if this is the game with the best game play Kiwis and Ozzies are going to feel gutted.
I rate Sonny Bill will get a kick out of playing with say, Gary Winters;)

Not sure about either game. One fully licensed (from a jock pov) but only with international comps, the other with with national comps (so I'm led to believe) but no licensing. Detracts from both games for me.

Even though I don't recognize anyone it does look pretty good.

Actually I may have been a bit harsh. The lineout jumper is a likeness for Kellock. Brown must be in the scrum cap

I think it is fair to say that it was big Al. I wonder if Dan Parks will still have a brown skin colour...?

Latest posts