• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

haven't actually posted here in about three years but thought i'd throw in my 2 cents.
the world cup trailer looks exactly like rugby 08, the graphics haven't made a massive leap forward and the animations all look very similar, particularly the slow tackles and the weird one handed superman dive over the try line. It doesn't look that true to life.
had a look at the RC gameplay video and it does look like it's going to be an improvement on previous games. I had the old PS2 Rugby League game from Sidhe and I never really enjoyed it, it didn't have any of the drama of league, you just spread the ball to the wing and took off, hopefully this will be different.
still looking forward to playing the World Cup demo next week and hopefully RC will have a demo too but based on their trailers and gameplay vids I'd say I'll be buying RC.

haven't actually posted here in about three years but thought i'd throw in my 2 cents.
the world cup trailer looks exactly like rugby 08, the graphics haven't made a massive leap forward and the animations all look very similar, particularly the slow tackles and the weird one handed superman dive over the try line. It doesn't look that true to life.
had a look at the RC gameplay video and it does look like it's going to be an improvement on previous games. I had the old PS2 Rugby League game from Sidhe and I never really enjoyed it, it didn't have any of the drama of league, you just spread the ball to the wing and took off, hopefully this will be different.
still looking forward to playing the World Cup demo next week and hopefully RC will have a demo too but based on their trailers and gameplay vids I'd say I'll be buying RC.

Rugby Challenge won't have a demo.

Not sure how you can base things on "their gameplay vids", when Rugby World Cup doesn't have one as yet. The gameplay vid from RC is very good, so yeah that looks worth buying so far. I'm just not convinced that it'll definitely be the best game of the two at this point.

I think I'll wait for better proof than whats available right now. Mind you, I'm not easily played by hype and marketing from either side.

This looks exactly like Rugby '08 which i have just played and if you look at the try scorers they dive the same way. The tackles look a bit the same but it is hard with the differant camera angles.

I hope it is better than it looks but i cant really complain it is better than nothing.

Rugby Challenge won't have a demo.

Not sure how you can base things on "their gameplay vids", when Rugby World Cup doesn't have one as yet. The gameplay vid from RC is very good, so yeah that looks worth buying so far. I'm just not convinced that it'll definitely be the best game of the two at this point.

I think I'll wait for better proof than whats available right now. Mind you, I'm not easily played by hype and marketing from either side.

Not sure about that. I absolutely guarantee you that if HB had come out with a gameplay video of the quality that RC have just produced, TRF would be dancing on the ceiling. You know that, I know that and everyone else deep down knows it. I honestly wish I could say your loyalty was admirable, but it isnt.

P.S Whats with locking the gameplay threads in the Sidhe section?

Not sure about that. I absolutely guarantee you that if HB had come out with a gameplay video of the quality that RC have just produced, TRF would be dancing on the ceiling. You know that, I know that and everyone else deep down knows it. I honestly wish I could say your loyalty was admirable, but it isnt.

P.S Whats with locking the gameplay threads in the Sidhe section?

The "you know, I know, everyone knows" cliche is pretty pointless in this instance. RWC has not produced ANY gameplay video as yet.

I'm not into your admiration and my opinions are not based on any loyalty. I get nothing from HB or TRF for my work on this forum whatsoever.

Those threads are being locked, because they are repeats of the same thing. The video is already well linked within the Sidhe Forums here. Perhaps you should let staff here do our jobs? :)

Sweet, just found out I have a day off the day after the demo comes out. All dayer playing rWC 11 with my bro's hell yea

Already pre-ordered my copy and paid. So I'm waiting till release date. When can we expect a in game trailer like Rugby Challenge? Everyone who is moaning about the difference must do what I'm doing, I am going to buy both games, I actually owned all the rugby ***les that came out on PS1&2 but had to sell it to buy a PS3 to play the new rugby!

Just saw the gameplay trailer from RC and i got to say that it looks impressive what they showed. RWC 2011 hopefully have better graphics and a more impressive gameplay or else it's going to be RC for me. Can't wait to get my hands on de demo of RWC2011!

Guys, plllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssseee try and keep RC talk to the RC threads or the Comparison thread!
This thread is for discussion of the RWC11 trailer, not the RC trailer or gameplay video!

I have to say, the RC gameplay trailer looks excellent. I would still enjoy RWC if it was Rugby 08.5 with a paint job, and the only game on the market. But it looks as if Sidhe has innovated and worked hard. There's a chance both will be playable - I hope they sell well and we get more rugby games trickling through.

Follow me on twitter for idle rugby chat.

Latest posts