• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Official Announcement

Sorry if this was already answered but does anyone know how big the player pool is that we can choose our sqauds from? I thaught they would have that in the demo but ja they dont... But game is great plays much better than 06/08... just a pitty we only have one half and i was forced to play with MORNE STEYN!!! Hate that guy...

Sorry if this was already answered but does anyone know how big the player pool is that we can choose our sqauds from? I thaught they would have that in the demo but ja they dont... But game is great plays much better than 06/08... just a pitty we only have one half and i was forced to play with MORNE STEYN!!! Hate that guy...

30 guys I believe. :)

pleasure man. South African Internet sucks !!!! Mine took 3hours.....

Sounds rough! It was about 5-10mins here. Glad you have it now though.

XBOX 360 - How to get demo as trial gold user

This worked for me:

1) Go to Windows Live on your PC

2) Create a new Hotmail account - I used an alternate second e-mail address I knew wasn't connected to MS/XBOX

3) Create a new account on your XBOX - use the new Windows Live Hotmail e-mail address and password

4) Proceed through the registration, etc.

5) Reject the paid XBOX Live pay for gold account

6) XBOX live will automatically give you a demo Gold account

7) Download the Rugby 11 demo from the XBOX live

8) Enjoy!

I have never created a second account on my XBOX - I don't know if there is a limit to the number of demo accounts per XBOX, etc.

Hope this helps some people

I downloaded the demo and as expected it plays like a newer version of the previous Rugby 06/08 ***les (based on info reported to date this was expected). If you liked playing Rugby 08 you will enjoy this game.

What a lot of people here and over at Sidhe's website seem to forget is that HB's rugby series has scored considerably well with previous games. While a few hundred people on these forums can bag RWC, where it matters is in the market place and most people (or the other 100,000 around the world) will buy a copy after the 26th of August.

Outside of forums you'll find most people don't care about all the little details of the rocks, line-outs and such associated with Rugby.... it bogs the game down and makes people switch off.

Sidhe have worked hard to deliver this in bucket loads (the detailed rucks, the line-outs and managing the breakdown) the more details, description and painful explanation turns people off. Bring all of that into a video game and you watch the audience switch off.

Just look the ratings Rugby Union has on TV (poor because people want to see tries, free flowing games and heaps of big hits). It needs to have a balance. Kids through to adults won't want to spend hours trying to work out Rugby Challenge's rucks and line-outs, watching the ball hit the deck and so on........ boring!!!! They will just play to play another game.

RWC seems to have a balance of fun game play, easy pick-up and doesn't bog you down with rules.

Is that not the same as saying people wouldn't want to play fifa because it has free kicks, corners, and throw ins as they would just like to see people knocking the ball up field and scoring all the time & dribbling etc? Because it " bogs the game down ". Its part of the game fella weather people like it or not. Me personally id rather the whole realism to the games surely it would make it more realistic and more interesting to see/play.

If Rugby Challenge has got all the gameplay spot on ( including lineouts scrums rucks etc ) then fair play to them, there doing what MOST people IMO want them to do and thats to make the most realistic rugby game to date.

I have played the RWC demo and yes i agree with most that its just like an updated 08 version with slight twigs here and there, im not knocking that at all HB have done with whats worked for them in the past fair enough, one question tho, why havent the 04 lineouts ever been used again !?!

Is that not the same as saying people wouldn't want to play fifa because it has free kicks, corners, and throw ins as they would just like to see people knocking the ball up field and scoring all the time & dribbling etc? Because it " bogs the game down ". Its part of the game fella weather people like it or not. Me personally id rather the whole realism to the games surely it would make it more realistic and more interesting to see/play.

If Rugby Challenge has got all the gameplay spot on ( including lineouts scrums rucks etc ) then fair play to them, there doing what MOST people IMO want them to do and thats to make the most realistic rugby game to date.

I have played the RWC demo and yes i agree with most that its just like an updated 08 version with slight twigs here and there, im not knocking that at all HB have done with whats worked for them in the past fair enough, one question tho, why havent the 04 lineouts ever been used again !?!

I agree 04's set plays should be brought back by demand... lol
I would like to be able to do a blindide move off a scrum or to have a shorter lineout or move from a line... Then they can use the current set plays for rucks and mauls...

I downloaded the demo and as expected it plays like a newer version of the previous Rugby 06/08 ***les (based on info reported to date this was expected). If you liked playing Rugby 08 you will enjoy this game.

What a lot of people here and over at Sidhe's website seem to forget is that HB's rugby series has scored considerably well with previous games. While a few hundred people on these forums can bag RWC, where it matters is in the market place and most people (or the other 100,000 around the world) will buy a copy after the 26th of August.

Outside of forums you'll find most people don't care about all the little details of the rocks, line-outs and such associated with Rugby.... it bogs the game down and makes people switch off.

Sidhe have worked hard to deliver this in bucket loads (the detailed rucks, the line-outs and managing the breakdown) the more details, description and painful explanation turns people off. Bring all of that into a video game and you watch the audience switch off.

Just look the ratings Rugby Union has on TV (poor because people want to see tries, free flowing games and heaps of big hits). It needs to have a balance. Kids through to adults won't want to spend hours trying to work out Rugby Challenge's rucks and line-outs, watching the ball hit the deck and so on........ boring!!!! They will just play to play another game.

RWC seems to have a balance of fun game play, easy pick-up and doesn't bog you down with rules.

Eh? :huh: don't agree with this at all, the Rugby World Cup is the 3rd most watched sporting event in the world, think it was Cymro posted something saying around its expected that 1 Billion people (maybe more) will watch the coming WC in New Zealand. How exactly could that be considered poor ratings? Your username might just point out that you're slightly biased towards League, plus the 'tries, free flowing games, and heaps of big hits' comment.

Also you can't control putting the ball in or hooking at the scrum in Rugby Challenge, only pushing the scrum, plus you can't do a no.8 run from the base of the scrum. So hardly the most complicated thing in the world? Rucks aren't exactly rocket science either, just seems to be similar to RWC2011 'you press a button multiple times to try and win the ruck' (obviously that's a very simplistic view, there's a fair bit more to both systems).

Also you can't control putting the ball in or hooking at the scrum in Rugby Challenge, only pushing the scrum, plus you can't do a no.8 run from the base of the scrum. So hardly the most complicated thing in the world? Rucks aren't exactly rocket science either, just seems to be similar to RWC2011 'you press a button multiple times to try and win the ruck' (obviously that's a very simplistic view, there's a fair bit more to both systems).

RWC lineouts are a one button exercise... pretty exciting stuff

I actually think they're pretty poor and don't seem as good as what used to be there. Still, will keep persisting with them in the full game to see if they play any better or I get used to them. Can't see it though.

Forgot to mention that! Wasn't saying that either games systems are better than the other, more just saying there's technical rugby stuff in both games. Though with the lineouts, RC are definitely better, really like the look of them!

Where is the demo for ps3? I could not find it on my PSN. There are no plans to release RWC2011 in Poland :(

So I've finally managed to play the demo [after the complications we've had in South Africa], and again providing my 2 cents:

Rucking:
so the punching of buttons provides some level of fun, but almost seems pointless in the context in the actual game [aside from increasing your meter]. Definitely arcade-like, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but id imagine stats playing more of a role as to whether or not you winning the ball, and not whats happening in the game at the moment [you commit more players than your opposition]
I've tried using the various rucking options, and its a bit difficult to judge within one half [even though i played it like a million times] if they actually mean anything.
It seems there are always equal numbers to breakdown, and defense always ready. You hardly going to get a good overlap. What you do find that players tend to ignore you and that's how you beat them[I'm assuming that on harder difficulty levels, they don't]
The ball does not come out quick enough [when you're have forward momentum], and by the time you have access to the ball the defense has formed already, and you lose that advantage.
Nobody is running on the inside shoulder of the scrumhalf.
The scrumhalf cannot pick the ball up and draw defenders, and pop the ball to a forward into a gap. When you press the pass button it goes to the backline instead of the forward who is right next to him

Kicking:
So the kicking seems very much the same as 08, with the addition of the chip kick.
Place kicking should be made slightly more difficult [even if you Morne Steyn or Dan Carter], which should be based on factors such as:
- current score[if your team's trailing there's obviously more pressure on the kicker / if the kick will put your team ahead or on par when trailing with little time remaining]
- time remaining [again - related to pressure]
- field position
How: simply vary the meter speeds [based on those factors, as well as the players overall kicking ability]

Lineouts:
The one button lineout doesn't allow for a contest anymore, does make one use the middle option a lot more now :)

General:
- Bunching [on attack]
I thought this would've been an area that would received some attention, but clearly not. The players bunch like your typical U/13 team.
Is there no way to adjust the attacking formations either(similar to defense) like...[Tight, Wide, Standard, Kick], seeing that the set plays are now controlled by the R3 stick?
One's options on attack just seems very limiting because players are always so close to each other

- Bunching [on defense]
When a player breaks the line you still end up finding the entire team chasing this one player.
Is there not a way to be able to set your defensive pattern while running back, so players don't all ruck to one spot [tackled area] and then shift from there?

- Try scoring dives
I'm pretty sure in one threads I read it stated that the was work done around this.
On several occasions when at the 5 meter mark I ended up kicking the ball, rather than dived for the try line.
Also when I get tackled 5 meters before try line, the offload option comes up, rather than trying to make me attempt at placing the ball on/over the try line.
Lastly, when already over the try line players tend to take very long to jot the ball down and on many occasions almost got tackled over the dead ball line.

- Quick tap
Players not 10 meters back, and if you get tackled you are not given advantage for the tackler not being back 10

- Stuttering when passing
I noticed that when passing inside the play stutters, or players tend to slow down.
This also happens after you break the line, straighten, and pass to the inside player.

Overall, I think that the game is good, but with these few tweeks/bug fixes it could be great.
Essentially the game of rugby is about creating a mismatch in [numbers, forwards vs backs, stronger vs weaker, faster vs slower etc...], if HB Studios kept this in their rugby ***les, they will be well on their way along the FIFA path.

To the guys claiming this is ****,what were you expecting?
how drastically does the FIFA games change from version to version? But look at them from an overall point of view and you can see how far they've come [btw can't wait for FIFA 12]. Expect the same progression for the rugby ***les {in versions, rather than years}

Last edited:
Is there anyway I can get the demo on the xbox without signing up for a month's gold membership?

I only ask as where I am the internet is constantly dropping off so I don't bother with live. I was wondering if there was a chance of a one-off download or going old school and getting it on an actual cd with an xbox magazine (yes.....I don't play a lot of games and this is how old my knowledge is lol).

Thanks

Two cleae trains of thought here. Arcade which is easy to get to grips with and out and out fun or simulation which is more lifelike and detailed. I watch a lot of rugby and am a huge fan but to be honest I'd much rather an arcade style game which is quick and easy (technically not difficulty) to play. I don't want to be doing complex rucks and lineouts, I want to be running around the pitch and smashing people.

From what i've seen RWC is looking really good. We haven't seen a playtest from RC yet so lets wait on that and their demo.

Is there anyway I can get the demo on the xbox without signing up for a month's gold membership?

I only ask as where I am the internet is constantly dropping off so I don't bother with live. I was wondering if there was a chance of a one-off download or going old school and getting it on an actual cd with an xbox magazine (yes.....I don't play a lot of games and this is how old my knowledge is lol).

Thanks

x2, I only have xbox silver, cant really jusity signing up for gold just to download a demo. Any help would be muchos appreciated :)

If you wait about a week or so, most demo's become available for everyone i think. Gold just gives you a short priority period type of thing. Hope that helps.

My apologies to those awaiting the demo in South Africa. Looks like we have an issue that has delayed the arrival of the demo in that territory. This is an issue at Sony and Microsoft that has only come to light when the 360 demo didn't appear today. We are on it and will hopefully have news shortly on a new timeline for a SA release.

Very disappointing not to have the game in your hands today, but we're working on getting it to you as soon as we possibly can.

Can I buy it from the store of this website??? you will ship the game worldwide??? Im in mexico so tell me how can I buy the game from you Ok? :)

Latest posts