• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Official Announcement

Looks like it. Marketing scheme. Like they said demo is out on Xbox. Apparently only gold members can get it, which obviously means the other guys can't play the demo. If all isn't included in XBOX than say Gold members only to avoid guys being ******. Same with PS3 demo only available in PAL countries.
Take your frustrations out on Microsoft and Sony then, it's got nothing to do with HB

I might have missed it earlier on the thread but what's a pal country?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL
:p
I only know roughly what it actually is, but basically there's three systems, one for the majority of the World (PAL), one for Europe (-UK) and one for the Americas (roughly)
I remember back in the day it stopped you being able to import PS1 games from America/wherever because they didn't work on PAL consoles

Exactly - it's nothing to do with HB, 505, or anyone who a demo is available to. If you've not got a Gold membership, as best I know you need to wait a week for it to become available to silver users. That is an issue you'll need to take up with Microsoft.

They just tweeted they don't know the PSN schedule .. So it is up to Sony now

They just tweeted they don't know the PSN schedule .. So it is up to Sony now

Which means it's going to come out on this weeks store updates. It'll be up within the next 6hours. I'd say between 4 hours from now and 6 hours from now is most likely. I'm certain it won't be up much sooner than that.

i just played the demo, its still the same as rugby 08. im dissapointed:(

I just finished playing the demo, I must say it's not as bad as most people say it is. It does resemble Rugby 08, But that's what I was expecting. Gameplay was O.k, I especially liked how you could choose who you wanted in the ruck, that was pretty cool. Also liked what they did with the grubber.

The visuals, Very disappointed there, It looked like an unlicensed SA team, cause no one really looked like their real life counter part IMO. Not sure about the English team, I don't really know the players.

Overall it was O.K, I won't buy it along with Rugby Challenge, But will when the price is reduced. I just don't think it's worth 108$

6/10

My apologies to those awaiting the demo in South Africa. Looks like we have an issue that has delayed the arrival of the demo in that territory. This is an issue at Sony and Microsoft that has only come to light when the 360 demo didn't appear today. We are on it and will hopefully have news shortly on a new timeline for a SA release.

Very disappointing not to have the game in your hands today, but we're working on getting it to you as soon as we possibly can.

The PS3 demo is now live on PSN. If I get a link I will let you know!

Enjoy People!

I have had a nightmare trying to download the demo, but now that I've seen some videos, I'm not sure I'll bother. I don't mind that it plays alot like 08, but visually it is way off for me, and there doesn't seem to be any innovation whatsoever beyond the rucking. I appreciate the difficulties of producing slick rugby games, with it being a niche market and a complicated sport, but I think I'll wait for reviews.

Fark 100 minutes remaining. Should be a long night.

It took me 15 minutes to download.*

I love it, it plays like 08 but the rucking is way better, people who say it's the same should get a brain check. I love the chip kick too much and I give away*possession*a lot.

One criticism: Why is Hape good?

9/10

does anyone here know how to achieve the perfect conversion or penalty, apart from the set piece kicking i think this game will be great 9/10

It took me 15 minutes to download.*

I love it, it plays like 08 but the rucking is way better, people who say it's the same should get a brain check. I love the chip kick too much and I give away*possession*a lot.

One criticism: Why is Hape good?

9/10

He's bloody awful with me <_< all he's done is knock on and get smashed by the Bok defence...

I can't seem to get the chip kick to come off for me yet :( tried chipping the fullback a few times and either do it too early or too late

Latest posts