• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

I will be buying both Games, I hope both are excellent but i just realised the Pro 12 league will be on RC. I was expecting the RWC game to have that but to keep me going over the next year i will have both games!

Okay if we only discuss the trailer fo RWC 2011 then it isn't that convincing, the moves are the same as 08 and the players also move like in 08 maybe some improvements. I do understand that they build on the concept of 08 but even the graphics are just like 08. I don't want to be to negativ but i aspected a bit more from Hb. I still did not play the game but seeing the trailer i hope i am wrong about the gameplay and graphics.

I think we should be purchasing the game with the best gameplay and not necessarily the best graphics and flashy animations.. It would be alot easier to add flashy animations then invent good gameplay so if they game sells the next will be upgraded again. With saying this i dont think we should judge it on the trailer because trailers are all about flashyness .

I think we should be purchasing the game with the best gameplay and not necessarily the best graphics and flashy animations.. It would be alot easier to add flashy animations then invent good gameplay so if they game sells the next will be upgraded again. With saying this i dont think we should judge it on the trailer because trailers are all about flashyness .

Agreed...

So will have to wait till both games are officially reviewed.

Going by Trailers.... unofficial reviews said the gameplay for RWC is good.. But the trailers didnt show those new gameplay tweaks.

Also, RC had a nice trailer.. with some gameplay tease shots.. Loved the slo mo kicks by the way..

BUT will wait for reviews... meh. :(... Days are getting longer.

I don't mind the RWC trailer and agree with most that its a small step from 08, but the passing seems much better then RC. Its appears that Sidhe still have plays either waiting for the ball, or slowing down/stopping then starting (problems that appeared in RL games). The passing in 06, 08 and looks like RWC looks more natural.

What do people think?

i dont really mind if the game plays a bit like 08 cos at least were getting a new game with updated squads and kits.

hey peunts40 - have you got a demo of the game yet or are you talking about Rugby08?

I would like to say.... i am going get both freaking games! We have been waiting forever just to get a new rugby game and now they are brining 2 out in one year where NFL madden/Fifa/PES all come out yearly!!
I am so excited, even if RWC is weebit like 08, 08 is still one of my fav games ever and if RWC is an improvement i wont complain. I think with RWC and RC it is a step forward in the right direction for Rugby games and for us rugby game fanatics!! Bring on the rugga!!

The key thing for me is that the game would be highly buyable IF they had club teams and had all fully licensed internationals would help. But no club teams removes longetivity. I just think the game is out there to create a quick buck. RC looks a lot better really.

I have to say, the graphics look good on the RWC game, and the stadiums, I seem to remember basically everyone on TRF saying that one of the big things that would be good to change would be the tackle animations, and they are obviously exactly the same, but I will wait for the demo to see whether its new enough to bother buying.

I don't really understand the idea of asking us all for our suggestions if they had already basically decided to stick to formula, but take away clubs and add graphics? I know they don't owe us any kind of duty, and the game might end up being fun, so thats fine, but why ask us for our ideas?

I wont mention the RC vid here, because thats not for this thread

Being involved in the gaming industry I must say that a trailer says absolutely nothing about a game, I have seen games that had some of the best trailers around and ended up being crap and vice-verse, I also know that it is better to play the game first before giving an opinion about it, besides the demo is there, give it a shot first before passing judgment.

"a trailer says absolutely nothing about a game"

Let me rephrase: a trailer says absolutely nothing about how good or how bad a game will be.

Last edited:
Being involved in the gaming industry I must say that a trailer says absolutely nothing about a game, I have seen games that had some of the best trailers around and ended up being crap and vice-verse, I also know that it is better to play the game first before giving an opinion about it, besides the demo is there, give it a shot first before passing judgment.

The trailer for Forza 4 for shows nowt about the game and yet it's going to be an amazing driving game, with the potential to be better than GT5.

"a trailer says absolutely nothing about a game"

Let me rephrase: a trailer says absolutely nothing about how good or how bad a game will be.

How true. A trailer often says the same about the movie it represents. A trailer of any kind nailing exactly how good a movie or game is, is quite often purely luck in my opinion.

Games in particular are interactive and miss an altogether more important layer in their editing to trailers. The should really be looked at as peeks and hints, not answers.

The trailer for Forza 4 for shows nowt about the game and yet it's going to be an amazing driving game, with the potential to be better than GT5.

Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto 3+. Uncharted 2, God of War, Shadow of the collosus Ico etc amongst many others have had stellar trailers to accompany stellar games

Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto 3+. Uncharted 2, God of War, Shadow of the collosus Ico etc amongst many others have had stellar trailers to accompany stellar games

Wow this argument seems to have completely gone over you head.:slow:

All games with stunning PR campaigns and hype, but delivering in equal quantity to the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

Latest posts