Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Mark McCall

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Stuart Lancaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • eddie jones

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Jones immediate impact on teams is great I'm just unsure I'd want him when he's this close to current crop of England players. I'd want him when he doesn't know anyone so just make decisions based on form and willing to throw players under the bus if they don't perform.
TBH, that's not a concern I have with Eddie - we may disagree with his timing, and who his favourites are; but he's shown himself to be utterly ruthless when it comes to ditching a favourite - just ask Dylan.
I wouldn't have a problem with him taking the Lions on tour 2 years after leaving the England job - or even 1 year after. I don't see him making the same mistakes SCW and Gatland were so obvious in making

Lads Pat Lam or Rassie have to be next Lions coach.
Play negatively go Rassie. Play positive go Lam. Both excellent man managers and it fresh. ROG to assist

If they really want to kill the Lions thats the first choice I'd make, I can't take another Gats tour...I'll be singing Waltzing Matilda if they do that.

I think Townsend is lined up as first choice its hard to gauge how well he'd do considering all he has is a few talented individuals and SA B to work with.

Jones immediate impact on teams is great I'm just unsure I'd want him when he's this close to current crop of England players. I'd want him when he doesn't know anyone so just make decisions based on form and willing to throw players under the bus if they don't perform.

Probably a sign Gatland never intended to give him a proper run out.

Townsend was essentially the attack coach for the warm up games where the team was allowed to throw the ball around. Gatland called the shots when it came to the tests hence the utterly dire, conservative tactics and toothless attack. I have never seen a Townsend team adopt the same tactics as the Lions in the first two tests. Only when Russell came on I saw a more Townsend-esque style of play. I'm really glad that Russell got 70 minutes to show up Gatland and his dire tactics.

I also think that Gatland is quite a canny operator politically and probably invested a lot of time schmoozing and wining & dining with the likes of Ben Calveley and Jason Leonard on tour which is why he is popular with the Lions board. A few online fans polls would reflect what most rugby fans think about the prospect of yesterday's man being re-appointed.

Last edited:
Townsend was essentially the attack coach for the warm up games where the team was allowed to throw the ball around. Gatland called the shots when it came to the tests hence the utterly dire, conservative tactics and toothless attack. I have never seen a Townsend team adopt the same tactics as the Lions in the first two tests. Only when Russell came on I saw a more Townsend-esque style of play. I'm really glad that Russell got 70 minutes to show up Gatland and his dire tactics.

I also think that Gatland is quite a canny operator politically and probably invested a lot of time schmoozing and wining & dining with the likes of Ben Calveley and Jason Leonard on tour which is why he is popular with the Lions board. A few online fans polls would reflect what most rugby fans think about the prospect of yesterday's man being re-appointed.
A big thing for me is Russell saying he'd only chatted with Townsend before the game and not Gatland... like Russell knows exactly what he's saying there, regardless of the fact that he'll also know exactly the game plan Gats had. He's stirring for sure

A big thing for me is Russell saying he'd only chatted with Townsend before the game and not Gatland... like Russell knows exactly what he's saying there, regardless of the fact that he'll also know exactly the game plan Gats had. He's stirring for sure

The beauty is that he was responding to the journo's question. as opposed to proactively gobbing off to the press. She asked him what did the coaches say to him before the game and he was honest in his response and said he'd only spoken to Gregor which probably irritated Gatland greatly - happy days!

Rory Best has said he'd like to see an Irish or British coach. Not Gats or Jones?? I can get behind that!

Would love if they just took the most flavor of the month coach tbh.

Rory Best has said he'd like to see an Irish or British coach. Not Gats or Jones?? I can get behind that!

Would love if they just took the most flavor of the month coach tbh.
That rules out Gregor too lol. Those Scots can be what they want to be

OK
Head Coach: Warren Gatlan
Forwards: Alun Wyn Jones

Omni Coach: Alun Wyn Jones
No need for any other coaches, AWJ's blessing will send the team soaring to majestic heights. By then he will probably have no hair so will fit the Lions trend of coaching staff.

Howley is already back at the wheel. Canada, isn't it ?

Latest posts