• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Listened to our podcasts? Leave feedback here

TRF_Fullback

Bench Player
Country Flag

UK

This thread can be used for leaving feedback on any of the podcasts we produce. You can find a list of our podcasts, as well as links to download or play them, at:

http://www.therugbyforum.com/rugby-podcasts/

Please leave feedback on this thread - and remember to mention which podcast you are referring to (the year and number).

dullonien

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Wales

Always enjoy the podcasts. I wonder if the sound quality could be improved somewhat?

What sort of post-processing is done to reduce the background noise?

Edit. Had a play with Audacity (free audio editing program). Did three steps to get this result. 1. removed the background noise. 2. applied a -20dB dynamic range compressor effect to equalize the volume of the different voices (somewhat), and 3. normalized the podcast to -3dB. Really didn't take long, and that was including downloading and learning how to use Audacity. Could do it again in a couple of mins.

Edit. give me a second to find a host that works.

EDIT (Getofmeland) - Downloaded so we can compare, cheers for doing it

Does that sound a little better?

Last edited:

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Bristol

Edit. Not sure what the weird bleeping is in the background when SelimNiai speaks. I haven't got the skill/time to remove that.

Its my crappy, standard mic. I have ordered a gaming-style headset and mic so next one I'm on we shouldnt have this issue.

Big question though Dull, did the beeping make more sense than I did? :p

Latest posts