• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Liverpool sign Joe Cole

Is he actually as good as everyone thinks he is, or during the world cup was it a case of "He's not in the team...the team is performing poorly...he must be the missing link!"?
I don't really follow football much, but his name has been thrown around a lot over the past month or two

And there's me saying this morning that he won't go to Liverpool because he wouldn't leave London.

If anyone hears me talking about football ever again, you have my permission to shoot me.

And there's me saying this morning that he won't go to Liverpool because he wouldn't leave London.

If anyone hears me talking about football ever again, you have my permission to shoot me.

You'r football knowledge is shocking ... Spain and now Joe Cole ... what next?

As a Liverpool fan this is cracking news. My favourite England player bar Crouch, will do well at Anfield. :D

Thats a good signing, replacing Benayoun with someone as better. Should do well for 'pool and it might get Gerrard off those flaming flanks to play where he does best.

He's not played out wide for Liverpool since 2006.

He turned down Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and (sniggers) West Ham to sign for us.

Roy Hodgson is a man manager ... something Liverpool has not had in a while. Cole joined Liverpool because Hodgson managed to convince him to go there.

Brilliant signing for Liverpool, but I'm absolutely gutted about it as a Tottenham Fan. Really thought we were going to get him. I do think though had Rafa Benitez still been in charge at Liverpool and not Roy Hodgson then he would've signed for Tottenham imo. I think Hodgson was a huge factor in Joe Cole signing

I'd agree.

Gerrard has announced he's staying today as well - Benitez leaving was a massive factor in him staying.

One of the best moments for me last season was when Benitez decided to take Torres off with 30 to go. Just watching Gerrard looking around totally incredulous was brilliant, you just knew he was thinking 'What the **** is he doing??!' :p

He's a thoroughly average player. If you want a guy to do fancy tricks on the wing and never deliver quality ball into the box, Joe Cole is your man. Maybe Hodgson can get the best out of him for he clearly has talent but he's more concerned with looking flash than doing things with any great substance.

Never a fan of Benitez, not knocking foreign managers because there are some really good foreign managers, eg. Carlo Ancelotti, Alex Ferguson who is technically a foreign manager though i don't really think of him as one. But I think a big club like Liverpool really needs a good english manager, or british, and in Roy Hodgson they've got one. I expect to see a huge improvement in Liverpool this coming season because of him. You only have to look at the success Of Fergie at united, Redknapp at Spurs and Hodgson last season at Fulham to see how much of a difference an english/british manager makes.

Latest posts