• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lockyer out for 9 months

<div class='quotemain'> its a shame for such a good player to be out for that long. do u think they can make the 8 without him? [/b]

Maybe, but they're definitely going to miss him. What do you think about the decision to put Carroll at number 6?
[/b][/quote]
I really think they should have put Hunt there with Carrol in the centres.

I can smile about something though, because tonight Sam Thiaday and Justin Hodges are back in the side!

I think if the Broncos may be able to win their first game in the finals provided they stay injury free, but I can't see them going any further than that.

<div class='quotemain'> Good riddance... [/b]
Good riddance you say, to one of the world's best players who is a great ambassador for the game of rugby league and never does any harm to the game, only good.

[/b][/quote]

A great ambassador? I disagree with you on that one mate. A great player, surely. A good bloke, yes. But a great ambassador? Hardly. An ambassador needs to represent the game positively on all levels, and that includes speaking - a faculty Lockyer is seriously lacking in. He's like Fittler (though I'd argue he's not quite in Fittler's class as a five eighth), a genius on the pitch, but at the post match press conference you just prey they don't let them speak too long because you can barely understand a word they say. You want a great 'ambassador' for Rugby League, then go get Shane Webke - a great player, a top bloke, AND a man who people respected when he opened his mouth.

Oh definitely, Webke is the definition of great ambassador. But what I mean more about Lockyer is that although he is a superstar, he never misbehaves and as a result the youth of today will continue to look up to him.

Latest posts