Lockyer out for 9 months

Discussion in 'NRL / Southern Hemisphere' started by St Helens RLFC, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Forum Ad Advertisement

2. Hamster

Hamster Guest

I'm gutted being a Broncos fan, puts a halt to our title defence. Just as he and the team were hitting good form.

3. Ripper

Ripper Guest

4. melon

melon Guest

First Tate, then Hodges, Now Lockyer :cryy: Oh well atleast we get Hodges back for a game or two. With the form the Broncos were finding, rival clubs should be thanking their lucky stars that the Broncos have become injury-riddled.

5. candybum

candybum Guest

its the curse of the all golds tour thingy lol

6. nz0003

nz0003 Guest

If this happened last year the Kiwis probably would of won the Tri-Nations Final and Broncos might not have won the Premiership

7. shiznit

shiznit Guest

Broncos are farked.... Thurston and Cam Smith would be the two players i would go with. Perhaps even Greg Inglis.

8. I'm sure it's all Jamie Lyon's fault.

9. esoj

esoj Guest

not likely. lyon isn't good enough to clean lockyer's or john's boots.

10. melon

melon Guest

Well i'm sure we can find some reason why it's his fault, no need to worry....but then again I do agree with esoj :p :bana:

11. Alec20

Alec20 Guest

It's terrible news for the Broncos. I am expecting Karmichael Hunt to play 5/8th at some stage of the season. Hopefully sooner rather than Later.

12. ssn

ssn Guest

being a broncos fan id hope we can go well with out him but in relity we cant win the comp with out locky!

13. What is this Aussie obsession with moving full backs to stand off?

14. melon

melon Guest

What is this Aussie obsession with moving full backs to stand off?

[/b][/quote]
    I don't know. But in Lockyer's case the Broncos needed a new world class play maker, so they moved him. That was 4 seasons ago though, it's not like it was recent!

What is this Pommie obsession with moving their own players aside for NRL players? Equally pointless question.

15. Aus_Matt

Aus_Matt Guest

its a shame for such a good player to be out for that long. do u think they can make the 8 without him?

16. ak47

ak47 Guest

u cant blame someone, that cant even touch lockyer

17. Hughie

Hughie Guest

Good riddance...

18. melon

melon Guest

Good riddance you say, to one of the world's best players who is a great ambassador for the game of rugby league and never does any harm to the game, only good.

Yet another wholey idiotic, stupidly f***ed up post from a new member.

19. TuneOnASpoon

TuneOnASpoon Guest

The Broncos are really going to miss him, if they make it to the finals I doubt they'll get past the first week.

I wouldn't mind seeing Thurston or even Scott Prince get a start with the All Golds. It would be pointless sending a foward over with the Kiwis as they are adequate in that department. Their backs could be good enough if they had a decent play maker and orgainiser.

20. basherd92

basherd92 Guest

Maybe, but they're definitely going to miss him. What do you think about the decision to put Carroll at number 6?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!