London Irish 23-16 Gloucester

Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
Tries from James Buckland and George Stowers helped London Irish down Gloucester and climb to second in the Aviva Premiership.
After Ryan Lamb and Nicky Robinson traded penalties, Buckland's score gave the Exiles a 10-3 advantage.
Two more Robinson penalties either side of half-time cut the lead, before Lamb added two place-kicks of his own.
Stowers collected Dan Bowden's pass to put Irish out of sight, before Lesley Vainikolo's late consolation try.

London Irish: D. Armitage; Ojo, Mapusua, Bowden, Joseph; Lamb, Hodgson; Dermody, Buckland, Rautenbach, Kennedy, Casey, Roche, Danaher, Stowers.

Replacements: Malone for Lamb (74), Allinson for Hodgson (70), Lahiff for Dermody (74), Paice for Buckland (74), Corbisiero for Rautenbach (52), Garvey for Casey (65).

Gloucester: Sharples; Simpson-Daniel, Tindall, Fuimaono-Sapolu, Vainikolo; Robinson, R. Lawson; Dickinson, S. Lawson, Capdevielle, Hamilton, Brown, Strokosch, Hazell, Deacon.

Replacements: Taylor for Robinson (73), Lewis for R. Lawson (74), Wood for Dickinson (50), Harden for Capdevielle (58), Attwood for Hamilton (52).

Attendance: 8,267

Referee: D Richards (RFU).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/8994228.stm

Last edited:
Not a great game, but some nice tries.

Really puzzled about the lack of yellows for gloucester.

I notice about Armitage going into contact that he doesn't have great strength, but he does wriggle about in the ruck to prevent turnover.

How's Daniel Bowden doing for Irish? Saw him a couple of times playing for Auckland and thought he was a dose of ****.

I'm surprised George Stowers was playing - I thought he was sent off against Bath

Latest posts