• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Looking back on the 2011 RWC final ref decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovana

Bench Player
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Blues
Just came across this when looking up craig joubert.

He was quite heavily criticized after the 2011 RWC by alot of international observers.

This was just one of vids i saw... Jeez, that Kaino one was quite damning IMO.

I wonder if the RWC final will be the only thing people remember him by?

Discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuIuXrwPCcc

What? Another "NZ shouldna won the 2011 RWC 'cos the French were robbed " trolling thread? Oh please give me a fecking break!!

For every decision you can find that went New Zealand's way that should have gone France's way, I can find one that went France's way that should have gone New Zealand's way.

We'll start with the French try which came directly from ruck turnover kick by a player who was clearly and obviously offside.

2011RWC-1.png

The rest of the French players are at the offside line, Rougerie is well ahead of his hindmost team-mate, who sets the French offside line (Dusautoir who is on the ground, obscured by Thorn).

But even if you don't think Rougerie was offside because you think there is no ruck formed, then he has entered from the side at the tackle (the gate is about a metre to his left where Dusautoir is)

Then, even if you don't believe he has entered from the side.....just after he tapped the ball through with his foot...

2011RWC-2.png

Mermoz, who was lying on the ground on the New Zealand side of the ruck, and who made NO attempt to roll away, played the ball between Nonu's' legs wth his hands.

These illegalities led directly to the French try 40 seconds later

And then, of course, we must not forget Rougerie's vicious and disgraceful eye-gouge that should have been a red card, a citing and a long time on the sideline... he got clean away with that, the dirty prick!!

Now then.... New Zealand won, it's in the book and our name is on the Cup, so get over it!!!

Last edited:
interesting.In those pics you posted it shows Nonu with his hands on the ball and the french player legally kicks at it. Nothing wrong with it.

Surprising its 2 kiwis who come in and start going off tangent.

Anyways, after the 2011 RWC, there were many neutral Observers who stated that france were hard done by... No doubt kiwis will call those neutrals 'sore losers'... Really need to get rid of this siege mentality sometimes.

interesting.In those pics you posted it shows Nonu with his hands on the ball and the french player legally kicks at it. Nothing wrong with it.

Surprising its 2 kiwis who come in and start going off tangent.

Anyways, after the 2011 RWC, there were many neutral Observers who stated that france were hard done by... No doubt kiwis will call those neutrals 'sore losers'... Really need to get rid of this siege mentality sometimes.

We are not going "off at a tangent" What we are is SICK TO FVCKING DEATH OF TROLLS LIKE YOU POSTING CRAP THAT TRIES TO REWRITE HISTORY

This thread needs to be deleted!!!

Little bit over the top I think to call for the thread to be deleted, just post more pics arguing your point

How did kovana not get poster of the year?

Such a well-informed, intellectual guy - we need more kovanas!

We are not going "off at a tangent" What we are is SICK TO FVCKING DEATH OF TROLLS LIKE YOU POSTING CRAP THAT TRIES TO REWRITE HISTORY

This thread needs to be deleted!!!

just ignore him mate, no need to start calling names (ad hominem attacks etc...).

BTW, before you start pontificating on the Laws, try learning them first.

Yes, Nonu had his hands on the ball, but that does NOT mean that an opponent who is already offside becomes onside. The only way that Rougerie could legally have kicked the ball is if he came from an onside position, i.e. from behind the offside line. He didn't, he was already offside when Nonu came it to get the ball therefore he was completely out of the game.

Little bit over the top I think to call for the thread to be deleted, just post more pics arguing your point

The OT (Original Troll) has dredged up an old youtube video, posted a few days after the final. It has been discussed to death on this and other forums. There is no need to go over and over this.

Perhaps I should dredge up some old youtube videos too. ("Wayne Barnes" & "Forward Pass" would make a good start). Then the Irish posters can raise BOD again and we can up the ante with "Suzie" stories. God knows what the Poms can complain about...... oooh I know, the non-awarding of the Mark Cueto try in the 2007 final.

Honestly, give history a break!!!!

Last edited:
just ignore him mate, no need to start calling names (ad hominem attacks etc...).

There is so much great rugby on at the moment, there just isn't any need to regurgitate old news.

But yeah thnks. You know, despite the fact that he deserved to be called out as a troll, I just might take your advice!

Stuff him!!

It's really what Kovana comes on this forum for, all he wants is a rise. It's not like anti-New Zealand sentiment is new for him, it's pretty much every third post.

Not sure I've ever disliked anything enough to spend four years contributing basically nothing but negativity to one team. Sadly there are one or two posters on this forum like kovana and squirrel who seem to get kicks from it.

Bit pathetic.

as i said to SC ignore it... threads like this only get attention because we're posting in it. If everyone stops it either has to be bumped by the OP at which point it breaks the T&C's or it drops down the ladder never to be seen again.

now i shall take my own advice.

If I wanted to read this level of preciousness, I'd have logged onto Planet Rugby this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts