• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Looks Like I Am Setting Myself Up For A Fall!!!

T

TheBokke

Dam this is killing me man! I know just by listening to what guys are saying about the player response(gameplay) one of the main factors for a game sucking or being really good.

It is like some kind of evil pulling at me every day man I tried to resist and save my cash but I am weak and ordered it
nowing that it is more than likely going to suck bad. But I just love sports games
especially rugby ones & have to try it!!

Dam I am sure it is going to be LM20 down the tubes but could not stop myself AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

S

St Helens RLFC

I think you've made a wise decision. Better to have tried it than not know what it's like at all.

T

TheBokke

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Dec 13 2005, 03:53 AM
I think you've made a wise decision. Better to have tried it than not know what it's like at all.
Yup bud thats exactly how I convinced myself ha ha. Thats all I heard in my head for days like some big drum beating away TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT

I hope online is good! ARe u guys in the UK playing online? I heard that when you try and play people over a long distance there is terrible Lag.

Hope to see you league boys online in the future.

S

St Helens RLFC

Locks was saying that there are lag problems. I won't be online as I don't have an adaptor thingy but I believe there is a largeish community growing.

K

knowsleyroader

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Dec 13 2005, 03:53 AM
So what did you think of it m8 ? Did you post your thoughts anywhere ?

S

St Helens RLFC

I haven't yet mate no, I should do that now actually.... I know you're far from impressed.

K

knowsleyroader

Indeed. I dont know how they could have got it so wrong. I now despair of SIDHE's programmers and testers.

Who played that at SIDHE and said " Yeah boss thats spot on " ?

Having said that each to their own and I know some people like it. Having played almost every rugby game available though I can say this is further down the pile than I could have ever imagined.

I was actually one of the ones really bigging this game up and thought if they produced RL1 from scratch for a first effort this game was going to be amazing.

Sadly they havent made the strides I thought they would have and considering it was delayed lends me to the fact that it looks as if they have struggled this time around.

S

St Helens RLFC

It's not as good as it should have been - a lot of it just looks lazy, quite simply....

D

davidson

you have to see it for yourself dont you. i often fid that i enjoy games others dont and feel that i get something out of them that they dont. this time however i was sad to discover that the game is just plain poo.

its just very one dimensional, and there is very little scope for varied styles of play. i scored one try and then scored the sma etry over and over again. knock ons etc seem totally random and i turned it off having been held up on the line for the hundredth odd time.

but you gotta see it for yourself