• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Loose Forwards, Best Combination?

Honestly, it's very hard to pick THE best loose forward combo.....but I guess it'll depend on whoever does the selection.

All forwards are world class and all bring something different to the table. Even some talented loosies are not in any International squads but grind it out week in week out in provincial comps. Players like Jerome Kaino, Liam Messam, Mose Tuiali'i, Daniel Braid, etc..

Than you have players who were so promising early on in their career before injury took it's toll (Simon Taylor, Jason White, Ryan Jones, etc..)

This would be my pick if they were on top form:

6. Serge Betsen, 7. George Smith, 8. Rodney So'oailo

Classic Australian Loose Forward Combination.

Australian Combination of offensive,defense and Work ethic.
6. Radike Samo ( Flair, play-maker,impact player)
7. Ilivasi Tabua ( defensive awareness, tackling, impact player)
8. George Smith ( High Work Rate, impact player)

6. Burger 7, McCaw 8. Collins. Geroge Smith and Jason White on the bench. Who ever mentioned Radike Samo, give yourself an upercut. He sucked at international level.

6. Burger 7, McCaw 8. Collins. Geroge Smith and Jason White on the bench. Who ever mentioned Radike Samo, give yourself an upercut. He sucked at international level.
[/b]

Radike Samo sucked because the Australian coach played him at the wrong position...I know and every Fijian Rugby Analyst knows he is a loose forward....They should have played him at openside flanker....

I'll mix between the Hemispheres!

6 - J White
7 - R McCaw
8 - S Chabal

There you go, now that would be some Back Row combination!!!

Well I think one or two of the french that played this weekend are getting close to a mention here.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Radike Samo sucked because the Australian coach played him at the wrong position...I know and every Fijian Rugby Analyst knows he is a loose forward....They should have played him at openside flanker....
[/b][/quote]

Actually, Eddie Jones did play him at blindside flanker for a number of tests in 2004 before reverting back to the Smith/Waugh combination.

Samo's best rugby was at lock for the Brumbies in 2004.

Unfortunately for him the next year he seemed to be unable to hold onto a ball and was eventually cut from the squad.

i'd go for a balanced combo like 6. tackler, 7. ball scavanger 8. ball runner so on top form..

6. serge betsen
7. george smith
8. jerry collins

6. Burger
7. McCaw
8. Collins

This trio would be unstoppable, Burger and McCaw would be an absolute c*** to negate. Collins just scares opponents and never misses tackles, always a hard runner and is very disciplined for a loose forward. No doubt this is the best trio I can think of.

So with Burger and McCaw both in, who plays blindside? Keep those two in the side, then any opposition only has to pop the ball out to a speedster on the shortside and it's try time.

Latest posts