LV= Cup draw confirmed

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
The 2010/11 LV= Cup will see current champions Northampton clash with Saracens, Gloucester and London Irish, it was confirmed on Monday.

The 16-team competition involving the 12 Aviva Premiership Rugby clubs and 4 Welsh regions is played in four pools of four with three English clubs and one Welsh region in each pool.

English clubs have been allocated to the pools depending on their domestic finish last term. Welsh regions have been allocated to the pools to avoid repeating fixtures from the Heineken and Amlin Challenge Cups where possible.

Teams in Pool 1 play teams in Pool 4 and teams in Pool 2 play teams in Pool 3. Each team plays four pool matches - two home and two away - with the top team from each pool qualifying for the semi finals. Should the winner of the competition be an English club, they will qualify for the following season's Heineken Cup.

"Last season's tournament produced some great rugby and in the final, one of the stand out games of the season," said LV= Cup Director Terry Burwell.

"We are very much looking forward to the second year of a competition structure that not only helps players, coaches and officials develop but also provides more revenue potential for the English Premiership clubs and the Welsh regions.

"We have a committed broadcaster in Sky Sports for the next five years, plus coverage in Wales from S4C, and we would like to thank LV= for supporting the Rugby Football Union, Premiership Rugby, the Welsh Rugby Union and the teams themselves in the delivery of elite knockout rugby."

Pool 1
Leicester Tigers
London Wasps
Newcastle Falcons
Cardiff Blues

Pool 2
Saracens
London Irish
Leeds Carnegie
Dragons

Pool 3
Northampton Saints
Gloucester Rugby
Sale Sharks
Scarlets

Pool 4
Bath Rugby
Harlequins
Exeter Chiefs
Ospreys

Round 1 (weekend of November 6, 2010)
Bath Rugby v Cardiff Blues
Exeter Chiefs v London Wasps
Newcastle Falcons v Ospreys
Leicester Tigers v Harlequins
Sale Sharks v London Irish
Saracens v Northampton Saints
Dragons v Gloucester Rugby
Scarlets v Leeds Carnegie

Round 2 (weekend of November 13, 2010)
Harlequins v Newcastle Falcons
London Wasps v Bath Rugby
Cardiff Blues v Exeter Chiefs
Ospreys v Leicester Tigers
Gloucester Rugby v Saracens
Leeds Carnegie v Sale Sharks
Northampton Saints v Dragons
London Irish v Scarlets

Round 3 (weekend of January 29, 2011)
Exeter Chiefs v Leicester Tigers
London Wasps v Harlequins
Bath Rugby v Newcastle Falcons
Cardiff Blues v Ospreys
Leeds Carnegie v Gloucester Rugby
Sale Sharks v Dragons
London Irish v Northampton Saints
Scarlets v Saracens

Round 4 (weekend of February 5, 2011)
Leicester Tigers v Bath Rugby
Newcastle Falcons v Exeter Chiefs
Ospreys v London Wasps
Harlequins v Cardiff Blues
Gloucester Rugby v London Irish
Saracens v Sale Sharks
Northampton Saints v Leeds Carnegie
Dragons v Scarlets

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_6257496,00.html

If anyone actually cares...

Also; Whoopie-friggin-do. Saracens 5-times-a-season again.

<_<

I knew we wouldn't stay away from the Tigers for a whole season. Me and my Leicester-loving mate Jack won't be speaking 13th November. In fact, the only time I've heard a peep out of him since the victory in the HC was on D of E when I had to spend a week in a tent with him. Even then he was just muttering Toby Flood's name under his breath.

Latest posts