• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Madden 06

whats the deal with superstar mode? i only know what youve said, and a few screenshots of it. is it like in tony hawks underground, where you make a dude, and improve him, and hes erm... you? and you go to what ever team he gets drafted into?

Wait, ripper, did you say you can not create your own player in Superstar mode? That sounds bloody shite!

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 18 2005, 07:31 PM
Wait, ripper, did you say you can not create your own player in Superstar mode? That sounds bloody shite!
You can, you just cant choose the face or skin colour.

You can choose everything else, like Height, Weight, What College you went to e.t.c.

My guy rocks, starting HB for the 49ers, overall skill was 87 before first draft! 92 speed and 93 acceleration, with 84 strength... not bad!

I created a WR and then moved him to TE.

Hall of Fame WR Father with an IQ of 137 with School Teacher for a Mother, 85 IQ...

88 Speed, 92 Catching and 72 Break Tackle Drafted by Bucs in Third Round, ironcially, instead of Alex Smith.

I have been buying this game since the 2002 version.

And this year is the first year I have rented it and not bought it straight away. And I'm glad I did.

This years version is pretty dissapointing, the QB Vision and passing this is **** and pointless, the NFL Superstar mode is annoyingly repetitive and so is John Madden.

I reckon the passing is innovative and it makes it feel like you did ALL the work when you make a first down. You need to look off defenders, look down one sideline then at the last second switch your view to the other sideline and the guy has more chance of being open. It's awesome cos now the scrambling qb's dont have such an advantage, cos slow guys like Manning have field vision the size of the grand canyon.

Originally posted by tHe_MaC@Sep 20 2005, 02:21 PM
I have been buying this game since the 2002 version.

And this year is the first year I have rented it and not bought it straight away. And I'm glad I did.

This years version is pretty dissapointing, the QB Vision and passing this is **** and pointless, the NFL Superstar mode is annoyingly repetitive and so is John Madden.
I kind of agree with ya, I was playing 05 up until 06 came out and apart from the obvious new features it still feels the same as 05. Got bored of it after two hours

Yes it is very much just a tweaked version of Madden 05. But the truck stick is awesome with big running backs (Jerome Bettis anyone?) and especially the FBs. Cos FBs had such a crap running game in previous versions, this year they can flatten those lil linebackers. And i'm loving not having to look at those munted cheerleaders that EA had in there for a couple of years, damn they were ugly, and every time there were 3 of em dancing, and they were identical most the time if my memory serves me right...

Weirdo programmers at Tiburon...

Oh well, QB vision is cool i reckon. Its good to be able to lead the receiver.

This is preety much just Madden 2005 with the ends tided up, and with some added goodies, which is all I expected, not much else you can do with the current gen.

Its the little things they added though which make it better then 05 - stuff like the Truck Stick, Precision Passing, The Cone (Finally you can't just drop back 30 yards and bomb it to Randy Moss all day) and even littler things like shifting the Line before plays and smart routes - and QB Shading - Many a last minute interception have resulted from that.

Originally posted by sambad5@Sep 18 2005, 07:26 PM
whats the deal with superstar mode? i only know what youve said, and a few screenshots of it. is it like in tony hawks underground, where you make a dude, and improve him, and hes erm... you? and you go to what ever team he gets drafted into?
Basically you create a guy from scratch and get drafted.

Before the Draft you have to choose your parents (randomly generated) and take an IQ Test. Then you get drafted.

You have to give interviews, sign an agent, attend practices and training camps e.t.c., you even get offered roles in Movies. During the season all you do is play games, attend practices and give interviews while in the off season there's a variety of junk.

Don't forget to mention the stalker Ripper....

You know the stalker....

He leaves you messages every single day....
<

They call him Terrell.

Latest posts