• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Madden 2005 VS ESPN 2K5

Originally posted by JJ-+Dec 16 2004, 10:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Dec 16 2004, 10:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 16 2004, 11:10 AM
Its called smart business sense, if you can find a way to take out your rivals, you take it
Smart business sense maybe, but it's going to be the consumer who suffers.

Totally anti-competitive, even Madden fans shouldn't be happy with that. With ESPN NFL becoming better than Madden, EA were forced to make their game better, but no, they'd rather make the opposition weak.

I'll be getting ESPN NFL 2K5, and then I doubt I'll get an NFL game until the next console generation. [/b]
spot on JJ

EA have now weakened their opponent rather than bettering themselves

It is a business tactic when u smell defeat upon yourself

If ur not confident in beating ur rivals - go the low blow or the cheap shot, or use everything in ur power (in this case $$) to diminish any competition

This EA approach is like Bill Gates monopolizing the internet

And like Brendon Cannons clean shot - it aint morally within the rules, but its cheap

U can say theoretically they can do it - But really in EA's own minds and in ESPN's minds - EA drew the card, that everyone hates to see, this in a sense is an admittance of defeat, that ESPN's product was getting too close (if not better) to theirs, hence will pull the pin, and bail with the rights with em.

If I cant win, nobody can - THIS OFFICIALLY IS EA'S MOTO

Consumers lose, competitors lose, retailers lose, in fact the industry loses.
The less competition their is, the less valuable the industry is - u got nothing to drive the best furthur without competition

F$%CK U EA - SAD ASS C^NTS WITH NO GUTS

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 16 2004, 12:49 PM
Your gonna wait until 2010 until you can play a non-Madden NFL Game?
If ESPN are smart they'll have an editing function like PES series

sure its a hassel, but its better than having the

San Diego Lathergers v Dallas wowboys

Id rather they just made a College Football game.... We cant get NCAA (The EA Sports series) down here in New Zealand. I think its only on NTSC)

I just thought of a way EA Sports could lower the price of Madden while taking out ESPN at the same time.

Im not sure if this legal or not... but could EA Sports kinda ''rent'' out the rights to Sega/VC, but charge them... maybe even take a cut on whatever profits Sega/VC make using the rights...

This way EA could probably afford to release Madden at cheaper prices while ESPN would have to jack up theirs, meaning Madden will get more buyers from the average Football fan or people looking for the cheapest game i.e JJ

i wouldnt worry too much guys.
Electronic Arts have had the exclusive rights to the NFL for the past 10 years.
the ESPN Studio has a deal with all the individual franchises and the NFL players union. theres heaps of ways of getting around it. i remember Aclaim using the Quaterback Club licence.

well i don't know what the current exclusive deal is but the new one ea got includes players teams and basicaly everything
this of gameplanet.co.nz

Electronic Arts has taken an exclusive license for the US' National Football League for the next five years, including sole rights to teams, stadia and individual players.

EA says it has been lobbying the NFL and NFL Players, Inc., for several years. The agreement will spell the end for licensing of rival franchises such as Sega's NFL 2k series, the only one to have brought online play to PAL territories.

The license includes all traditional formats including PCs and existing and forthcoming consoles and handhelds, but not mobile telephones.

The deal also covers a range of game genres, from simlulation to arcade style and football management games.

Take-Two Interactive, publisher of Sega's popular 2k series, said, "We believe that the decisions of the National Football League and Players Inc. to grant an exclusive license for videogames do a tremendous disservice to the consumers and sports fans whose funds ultimately support the NFL, by limiting their choices, curbing creativity and almost certainly leading to higher game prices."

I think its pretty clear from that ea now have sole rights to the team players everything the nfl has andespn now has nothing and option is to include and editor

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 16 2004, 08:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 16 2004, 08:39 PM)</div>
Originally posted by -JJ-@Dec 16 2004, 10:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 16 2004, 11:10 AM
Its called smart business sense, if you can find a way to take out your rivals, you take it

Smart business sense maybe, but it's going to be the consumer who suffers.

Totally anti-competitive, even Madden fans shouldn't be happy with that. With ESPN NFL becoming better than Madden, EA were forced to make their game better, but no, they'd rather make the opposition weak.

I'll be getting ESPN NFL 2K5, and then I doubt I'll get an NFL game until the next console generation.
spot on JJ

EA have now weakened their opponent rather than bettering themselves

It is a business tactic when u smell defeat upon yourself

If ur not confident in beating ur rivals - go the low blow or the cheap shot, or use everything in ur power (in this case $$) to diminish any competition

This EA approach is like Bill Gates monopolizing the internet

And like Brendon Cannons clean shot - it aint morally within the rules, but its cheap

U can say theoretically they can do it - But really in EA's own minds and in ESPN's minds - EA drew the card, that everyone hates to see, this in a sense is an admittance of defeat, that ESPN's product was getting too close (if not better) to theirs, hence will pull the pin, and bail with the rights with em.

If I cant win, nobody can - THIS OFFICIALLY IS EA'S MOTO

Consumers lose, competitors lose, retailers lose, in fact the industry loses.
The less competition their is, the less valuable the industry is - u got nothing to drive the best furthur without competition

F$%CK U EA - SAD ASS C^NTS WITH NO GUTS [/b]
from what I can gather from reading the ESPN NFL 2K5 Board on Gamefaqs is that the NFL had an ''auction'' so to speak, so either way someone was gonna get exclusive rights....

I suppose that makes EA less crappy if that is true, but makes the NFL even more moronic.

Latest posts