• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Madden 2005 VS ESPN 2K5

Rent both? I'm already half way to buying ESPN if I do that!

I'll probably just buy ESPN when it comes out.

Originally posted by JJ-@Oct 25 2004, 06:42 PM
Rent both? I'm already half way to buying ESPN if I do that!

I'll probably just buy ESPN when it comes out.
hahaha

fully agreed

Damn ********... Raising the ESPN 2K5 Price to 46.95...

Now we'll only be paying 52.19566425792106725958866036687% of the normal price...

Originally posted by Ripper@Nov 15 2004, 12:59 PM

Now we'll only be paying 52.19566425792106725958866036687% of the normal price...
IS THAT THE USD V NZD CURRENCY RATE RIPPER

ie USD$30 = NZD$46.95

STILL BLOODY AWESOMLY CHEAP

Anybody know where to get ESPN 2K5? It's not at DSE, and Gamesman have it coming out on the 15th of January, GPStore have it coming out on the 7th of December now...

Originally posted by ak47+Nov 15 2004, 01:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 15 2004, 01:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Nov 15 2004, 12:59 PM

IS THAT THE USD V NZD CURRENCY RATE RIPPER

ie USD$30 = NZD$46.95

STILL BLOODY AWESOMLY CHEAP [/b]
I Dunno, would imagine so.

I knew I shouldve pre ordered when it was $30.

Played ESPN 2K5 Last Night at my mates place (he just came back from Amercia - Lucky f***)...

Madden 2005's Slogan may be ''Fear the D'' ESPN Should make theirs ''Fear the Glitch''

Originally posted by Ripper@Nov 21 2004, 07:06 PM
Played ESPN 2K5 Last Night at my mates place (he just came back from Amercia - Lucky f***)...

Madden 2005's Slogan may be ''Fear the D'' ESPN Should make theirs ''Fear the Glitch''
If I had I choice between going to NZ or the US it'd be NZ any day mate... Who wants to go to a country full of trigger happy morons?
<
<

Anyway, ESPN is better to play...

ESPN Better to play? Trust me, if you do get it, prepare to get on a first name basis with your local X-Box/PS2 Controller Supplier

How did you manage to play it here? With a mod chip? Couldn't that be the cause of the glitches? Or does he have a NTSC console?

He has an NTSC PS2 along with an NTSC TV (He moved here from Aspen, Colorado or something like that 2 years ago)

Hmm, ESPN NFL 2K5 has been delayed again. I pre-ordered earlier this week (and paid) thinking it would definitely be out next week, surely they couldn't delay it that close to release?

Anyway, I'm trying to get my money back off GPStore now, might look at something else.

It's weird, it's been out for ages in the US hasn't it?

Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 1 2004, 11:57 AM
Hmm, ESPN NFL 2K5 has been delayed again. I pre-ordered earlier this week (and paid) thinking it would definitely be out next week, surely they couldn't delay it that close to release?

Anyway, I'm trying to get my money back off GPStore now, might look at something else.

It's weird, it's been out for ages in the US hasn't it?
yes

USA get Madden and ESPN nearly in the same week

Coz EA so huge they can have a worldwide NTSC and PAL release

ESPN need time to code for PAL systems i guess
kinda like Gran Turismo, and how PAL is delayed till early 2005

Well looks like you better enjoy ESPN NFL 2K games while you can, EA just scored themselves exclusive NFL Rights

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 16 2004, 09:27 AM
Well looks like you better enjoy ESPN NFL 2K games while you can, EA just scored themselves exclusive NFL Rights
thats pretty wankerish of ea they were just scared they were gonna get done

Its called smart business sense, if you can find a way to take out your rivals, you take it

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 16 2004, 11:10 AM
Its called smart business sense, if you can find a way to take out your rivals, you take it
Smart business sense maybe, but it's going to be the consumer who suffers.

Totally anti-competitive, even Madden fans shouldn't be happy with that. With ESPN NFL becoming better than Madden, EA were forced to make their game better, but no, they'd rather make the opposition weak.

I'll be getting ESPN NFL 2K5, and then I doubt I'll get an NFL game until the next console generation.

Unlikely, I said until the next console generation, meaning PS3s and XBox 2s...

So that's probably only going to be a couple of years (or maybe a bit more, if they release PS3 at $1000 they can forget about my sale until they lower the price).

Latest posts