• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

Interesting to see what appeared to be a couple of thousand turn up for Toronto at Langford, Vancouver Island. Hopefully that becomes a regular thing for the Arrows in February. The population of Langford and neighbouring Victoria is only around 120,000 so it does make you think what might be possible in say the outskirts of 1 million plus cities in BC and Alberta like Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary if the MLR gains traction. First things first though, the Arrows need to get better.

Interesting to see what appeared to be a couple of thousand turn up for Toronto at Langford, Vancouver Island. Hopefully that becomes a regular thing for the Arrows in February. The population of Langford and neighbouring Victoria is only around 120,000 so it does make you think what might be possible in say the outskirts of 1 million plus cities in BC and Alberta like Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary if the MLR gains traction. First things first though, the Arrows need to get better.
I watched part of the game (replay) and the play by play announcer said they will be back there in March before moving on to Toronto. It's a lot warmer in Langford than it is in Toronto. It rains a lot in the Vancouver area, but it's not near as cold as Toronto is in Winter. I think he said that the Arrows won't be playing in Toronto until April 2nd. They're now billing themselves as Canada's team, so it shouldn't affect them much. They've got national support which they didn't have last season when they played all of their games outside of Canada due to Covid-19 travel restrictions. I agree with you, the Arrows need to get better.

I'm confident the Vancouver area will get an expansion team, but Edmonton and Calgary get a lot colder. They're out there in the northern plains where it gets even colder than Toronto. Vancouver's got the wind coming off the ocean which keeps it warmer in Winter. The climate is similar to Seattle (Seawolves).

Last edited:
If you can't watch these games live, you can always watch the replays. I'm looking forward to the Legion (my team) vs the Seawolves. It's become a great rivalry!

1645208954963.png

I think there is a chance for a Dallas win. However, the bigger question is what sort of IQ do I have that it has taken me over a year to realise the Toronto Arrows logo is a T and an A. I thought it was like a telescope or one of those devices a surveyor uses! :(

Last edited:
Would love to see 2 teams in next expansion. Vancouver and a NE team.
Then 3 divisions of 5 playing an 18 game season.

Would love to see 2 teams in next expansion. Vancouver and a NE team.
Then 3 divisions of 5 playing an 18 game season.

Chicago's at the top of the list, so said the Commissioner after last season's championship game. Vancouver has been mentioned as well. By NE, do you mean New England? If so, there's already a team in the Boston area (Free Jacks).

Last edited:
Chicago's at the top of the list, so said the Commissioner after last season's championship game. Vancouver has been mentioned as well. By NE, do you mean New England? If so, there's already a team in the Boston area (Free Jacks).
No North East. Chicago would fit well with a 3 division set up
West: Vancouver, Seattle, San Diego, Utah, LA
South: Dallas, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, Atlanta
North: NE, NY, Washington, Toronto, Chicago.

No North East. Chicago would fit well with a 3 division set up
West: Vancouver, Seattle, San Diego, Utah, LA
South: Dallas, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, Atlanta
North: NE, NY, Washington, Toronto, Chicago.

I think they'll stick with the current two conference format for awhile, but that's just a guess. I like your division line up though. :cool: I'm happy as long as San Diego plays rival Seattle twice a season.

BTW, New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut) is part of the Northeast. Too cold for me, I'm staying right here in sunny southern California.

1645218590033.png

Last edited:
1645401706787.png

Seattle beat San Diego 31-28 today to finish out Round 3 of MLR play.

Big win for my team. :cool: We Are Legion!

Last edited:

Latest posts