• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

idk if I'd use the word "crisis" but it isn't good

edit: apparently the decision to kick the teams out of the playoff was not automatically triggered by the finding that they broke certain rules but rather as the result of a vote of the BoD. That has me worried.

I wonder how many of our players already left town for the summer, since the team just had a bye week. I hope all of them are able to make the trip up to Seattle.

1654636433235.png

Last edited:
Not intended to be cocky, I just think it's funny. :D

1654661962151.png

It's pretty terrible to an outsider, especially after the US being awarded a World Cup. A civil war in the MLR that alienates fans in LA and Austin isn't good. As a bare minimum the commissioner needs to explain to fans of these clubs what rules have been broken.

It's pretty terrible to an outsider, especially after the US being awarded a World Cup. A civil war in the MLR that alienates fans in LA and Austin isn't good. As a bare minimum the commissioner needs to explain to fans of these clubs what rules have been broken.
I think you are much more bullish on MLR than I have. This is what I expect from the league.

The silence is deafening. You'd only not be announcing these things for fear of being hit by a lawsuit. Which means they think they aren't that sure of their position and saying anything would make them liable for a defamation suit or tortious interference. Apparently the Gilgronis are about to be sold and this could be tanking their value. If MLR violated their own by-laws in doing so we could be in for a doozy.

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 13.22.08.png
matches up with what the guardian said about this happening in the boardroom

I guess the consolation is that if 10-12 clubs agree with the sanction then it is harder for a collective to be collectively idiotic than it is for one person to get the call wrong. Still, communication people!

2022 MAJOR LEAGUE RUGBY PLAYOFFS - SEMI FINAL ROUND

1655108306558.png AT 1655108281078.png Saturday, June 18th @ 1:00 pm ET

1655108399051.png AT 1655108429900.png Sunday, June 19 @ 9:00 am ET

Last edited:
Just wanted to share this picture of my favorite rugby team, the San Diego Legion. They'll be playing in the brand new Snapdragon stadium next season. :cool:

1655495377819.png

Highlights

Last edited: