• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

Were very happy to have Alex as the new scrum coach in San Diego. 👍 We Are Legion!

Does anyone know what this American Rugby Premiership is that three MLR sides are sending development sides to and is there any focus on local / youth players?

it used to be the northeast club Division 1 that would market themselves as ARP. A team from Atlanta (Life) would play there cause there isn't high performance amateur rugby in the south. It looks like three clubs in New York and one in Boston are playing as ARP North this year and will do a crossover game against the MLR academy + Life conference.

it's where AJ played when he first came to America NYAC and then Life

Sources:
Commissioner is out. The expansion fee is 4x the old fee and no one is willing to pay it.
League has self imposed deadline of tomorrow to find new buyers. Chicago was thought to be confirmed but now who knows.

It's a shame if they cant get buyers for LA and Austin.
Selling the LA and Austin teams would be ideal, but I'd rather lose two and add Chicago if it means getting rid of Gilchrist. He's trouble and it'll be good to have him out of MLR. 12 teams with one now in the Midwest is fine by me. Plus, I like even numbers NFL (32), NHL (32), NBA (30) and MLB (30). :)

Last edited:
Sources:
Commissioner is out. The expansion fee is 4x the old fee and no one is willing to pay it.
League has self imposed deadline of tomorrow to find new buyers. Chicago was thought to be confirmed but now who knows.
That's good. Killebrew seemed out of his element to me because he didn't have a rugby background. And he let Gilchrist do whatever he wanted until it came back to bite him. I'm glad they'll both be out of MLR. As a San Diego Legion season ticket holder and MLR fan, I'm happy. 👍

Last edited:

LA and Austin out of MLR as US rugby faces further uncertainty

chicago is rumored to be the 12th team but at this point who knows?
Gilchrist is out, so I'm happy. He was a cancer to MLR. Chicago will be a nice fit, the Midwest is a gaping hole on the MLR map. 12 teams is OK by me for now.

This announcement from MLR say's a new team will be announced in the coming weeks. 👍

Last edited:
sad to loose teams but it was obvious from those ridiculous names it was all a bit of a joke for Adam Gilchrist, hopefully the fans can reform

sad to loose teams but it was obvious from those ridiculous names it was all a bit of a joke for Adam Gilchrist, hopefully the fans can reform
Ridiculous is right and the joke is on him now. Gilchrist, the Booze Clown.

Costume Party Sigh GIF by Halloween Party

Last edited:
It's official, Chicago now has an MLR team. 🏉 But they haven't chosen a name yet.

Latest posts