• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

@RugbyUSA
I'm looking to pick a team to follow in MLR this coming season, any cub got a good Irish connection? I think m brother is going for SD Legion so I can't follow them is all!

Hi Conal. I suggest the New England Free Jacks. The Boston area has more Irish-Americans (per capita) than any other city in the states. RUNY has an Irish owner, but he has a reputation of being a blowhard. Not because he's Irish, but because some people are arrogant no matter where they come from. I saw him interviewed before RUNY joined MLR and he said that his team could beat a team made up of MLR All Stars by 50 points. Well, the team I follow (Legion) has beaten them 3 out of 4 times. Yes, RUNY has more Irish players, but as far as cities go Boston has New York beat in the Irish department if you ever come out for a visit. I'm not of Irish roots myself and am just passing along what I know. You asked my opinion, so there ya' go. I suggest you watch both teams on YouTube (below) and then make your choice. Whichever one feels right for you. And you're always welcome to follow my team. Legion fans have led the MLR in attendance since the league began in 2018. And San Diego has great weather. :cool: Or you could go with the Dallas Jackals. They're a brand new team that hasn't played a game yet. So you could be with them from their very beginning which is always a cool way to make a connection with a team. The Jackals will begin play in the spring of 2021 and Dallas is a great sports city. That's the plan anyway, you never know with Covid-19 still on the rise in the USA.

Free Jacks -

RUNY -

Legion -

Jackals - https://www.dallasjackals.com/
1598545979433.png

Last edited:
ah im torn,

I like the RUNY kit, New England seem to lose far too many games not sure I can put myself through that!
Dallas could be interesting though,

Chances of Dallas 1 not being woeful & 2 sticking around?

ah im torn,

I like the RUNY kit, New England seem to lose far too many games not sure I can put myself through that!
Dallas could be interesting though,

Chances of Dallas 1 not being woeful & 2 sticking around?

2020 was New England's first season, and it was called after 5 games due to Covid-19. So they're basically still a new team. I think Dallas has a very good chance of being successful and sticking around. From what I read earlier this year their ownership group has deeper pocket$ than most teams in MLR. Rugby has a growing following in Texas and there are other MLR teams in Austin and Houston that are original franchises from 2018. With three teams Texas is the hub of MLR. Yeehaw!

Also, there's talk of a team starting up in Hawaii, but that would be in 2022 at the earliest. Some New Zealanders want to start a MLR team there, but it's still in the "maybe" stage.

Last edited:
New stadium in the works for the Utah Warriors. :cool:

From 7 to 13 teams during a couple of years..not bad at all! o_O
P.S. Like their kits ;)

From 7 to 13 teams during a couple of years..not bad at all! o_O
P.S. Like their kits ;)
With a possible 9 more teams coming next year. Covid-19 setbacks will most likely lessen that number, but MLR will continue to grow.

Latest posts