• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maro Itoje - the greatest rugby player of all time, is he there already?

Martin Johnson, Brian O'Driscoll, Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, Hugo Porta, Serge Blanco. These are players who have earned the epithet "Great"

Greatness is not bestowed, it is earned.... Maro Itoje has played 19 matches for his club in three years, and four matches for England. He's earned nothing so far.

Cooky I love your analysis and understanding of the laws but dude I think you need to lighten up a bit ..... This thread is meant as a joke . Although in 20 years I expect Ritchie McCaw to be telling his grandkids about Maro Itoje

Cooky I love your analysis and understanding of the laws but dude I think you need to lighten up a bit ..... This thread is meant as a joke . Although in 20 years I expect Ritchie McCaw to be telling his grandkids about Maro Itoje 

OK, so the OP is a Poe and I didn't spot it. My bad.

TBH I didn't read it from the start (for obvious reasons) I was just addressing those who were taking it seriously (there were a few)

The thread probably belongs in the "humour" section.... do we have a sub-section for windups, pisstakes and Poes?

TBH I didn't read it from the start (for obvious reasons) I was just addressing those who were taking it seriously (there were a few)

The thread probably belongs in the "humour" section.... do we have a sub-section for windups, pisstakes and Poes?
Kind of, there's a badly drawn picture of a red dragon where everyone else usually has their nations flag for posts falling under those categories.

In Afrikaans that is the worst word you could ever say. People would throw you with bricks if you said that in the presence of a woman...

In Afrikaans that is the worst word you could ever say. People would throw you with bricks if you said that in the presence of a woman...

To be fair though, I am pretty sure he is referring to the plural of poe.

I do think that Maro is currently the second best player in the world until Andy Goode retires.

Both players have proven that greatness is not skill or ability it's the opinion of the rugby forum.

Third best player is David Seymour, he's be New Zealand captain if he was a kiwi!

This is an English language forum though. I'm sure there are any number of offensive words in one or other language. Surely we can't take offense!?

This is an English language forum though. I'm sure there are any number of offensive words in one or other language. Surely we can't take offense!?

I have no idea what it means in the English language and, not to be unkind, Afrikaans is a pretty minority language.......

Not many players make Carter and McCaw retire from international rugby but Itoje did.

Richie McCaw has been spotted buying Itoje Pyjamas

Not many players make Carter and McCaw retire from international rugby but Itoje did.

Richie McCaw has been spotted buying Itoje Pyjamas

I didn't realize that he was the one to give them their second World Cup win and Carter his Player of the year award.:)

I didn't realize that he was the one to give them their second World Cup win and Carter his Player of the year award.:)

Some people just don't understand.

They knew that with Itoje coming NZ didn't stand a chance anymore so retired, winning the word cup was pure coincidence.

I do think that Maro is currently the second best player in the world until Andy Goode retires.

Both players have proven that greatness is not skill or ability it's the opinion of the rugby forum.

Third best player is David Seymour, he's be New Zealand captain if he was a kiwi!
So Garry Ringrose has trancended from player to Demi-God? I thought I'd have been first to know to be honest.

So Garry Ringrose has trancended from player to Demi-God? I thought I'd have been first to know to be honest.

I wonder how long it is before Marler is in the papers for winding him up by singing "ring a ring of roses" to him.

Latest posts